What are the duties of the PCBU (give reference)
Answer: A PCBU must perform these duties:
- Maintain safe environment at work
- Maintain plant and structures
- Safe systems of work maintenance
- Provide sufficient facilities
- Provide training, instructions and supervision
- Maintain health at workplace (australianbusiness, 2011)
- Duty to consult with workers involves what? (give reference)
Answer: It involves giving complete information the workers and also hearing their concerns and make sure to analyze before taking any health and safety decisions (healthyworkinglives, 2013).
- Nature of consultation requires? (give reference)
Answer: It involves:
- Information sharing of health and safety
- Listen to the workers, their concerns
- Analyze workers concerns
- Giving advice to workers of the outcome on timely basis (australianbusiness, 2011)
- What workforce factors must be taken into account in the consultation participation process?
Answer: Factors to consider are:
- Structure of business
- Style of management
- Safety and organizational culture
- Employee relations
- Size and type of workplace
- Work done types
- Workforce size and diversity
- Patterns of work
- Diversity of employees
- Identify the sources of information and data in your workplace from both internal and external sources and identify the factors that have been considered for these sources?
Answer: Internal Sources of Data are:
- Accounting Resources: This gives internal information which can be used bymarketers.
- Sales Force Report: Gives information about the sales of product.
- Internal Experts: Each department has experts who can give point to point information.
- Miscellaneous reports: Information that is found in Operational reports.
External Sources of Data are:
- Government Publications: This is the rich pool of data provided by the government.
- Non Government Publications: From Various trade associations and industrial publications data can be received.
- Syndicate Services: Organization which collect and tabulate marketing information on day to day basis for huge number of customers can provide help in external information.
- Why the risk management process is important for your workplace and what does it provide?
Answer: There can be times when an organization faces unfortunate situations like any natural calamity, injury to staff or loss of funds. Risk management helps the organization in mitigating these factors or at least reduces them. The benefits for this management are:
- Saves time, income and assets.
- Create safe environment for employees.
- Protection of the environment.
- Protecting people
- Reduces legal liability(Rediff, 2018).
- What range of factor both in the workplace and outside will influence the management of risk within your workplace and why?
Answer: Factors that influence are:
- Factor where more importance is given to the good news for the organizations rather than bad news.
- Much tolerance to poor standards and risk.
- Not enough communication between teams and leaders.
- Assuming the evaluation and monitoring responsibility is someone else’s(Webster, 2015).
- If any threats arise for the organization.
- Policies that change in between the annual year.
- Why is monitoring and reviewing of the risk management process important in your workplace, and what does the process provide to your workplace?
Answer: Purpose of monitoring and reviewing risk management process is:
- Monitor risk trigger
- To confirm procedures and policies
- Determine of new risks are necessary
- Determine if risks mitigation is going as planned.
It provides the workplace a positive atmosphere and risk free ambience.
- Identify 6 sources of internal and 6 sources of external information
Answer: The external sources of information are in which the documentation is provided to public from the third party and the internal information source is that which consists of data created for the company solely.
- Conditions that lead up to the loss of control of a hazard may develop over quite long periods of time and come directly from, or through the interaction of one or more of five sources?
Answer: Conditions that lead to loss of control of a hazard are
- High voltage
- Environmental Conditions.
- What suggestions may assist you when conducting an inspection?
Answer: A few suggestions are:
- Areas to be highlighted where training is needed.
- Look deep into why accidents are occurring.
- Priority establishment for action plan
- Safe work practices should be improved.
- Areas of indication where depth hazard analysis is needed(wsps, 2013).
- What is the hierarchy of controls?
Answer: Hierarchy of Controls are:
- Elimination: Remove hazard physically.
- Substitution: Replace the hazard.
- Control Engineering: Isolate people from the hazard.
- Administration Control: Change people’s way to work.
- PPE: Protection of people from PPE.
- WHSMS are largely governed by what for a business or undertaking?
Answer: WHSMS are largely governed by people for a business or undertaking in order to minimize risk.
- What external pressures may force change on a WHSMS?
Answer: Cost pressures contribute in the changes as well as Commercial pressures.
- Organization must ensure it meets its obligations under the legislation to, so far as reasonably practicable, ensure the health and safety of workers and others who may be affected by the work with particular attention to?
Answer: Organization’s particular attention should be:
- General Principles like making sure that the organization is free from the harassing behavior.
- Liabilities of the organization if the employee is causing any action like harassment etc. It is also known as the Vicarious liability.
- Developing a WHS plan usually begins with the establishment or review of the values, vision and mission of the organization. Give the following definition for:
- Healthy Children
- Neighborhood safety and street safety
- Each home safety
- Peace on Earth
- Promotion of child health and safety
- Developing a community of Education, Jobs, housing and cultural pride.
- Services and high quality work
- Excellence(ehs.princeton, 2018)
- Data and information enables systematic management of WHS and effective control of WHS risk by?
- By applying knowledge of risk assessment which contributes in selecting risk assessment techniques, processes and tools for hazards at workplace.
- Contribute in identifying hazards.
- Contribute in documenting results of risks assessments(training.gov, 2012).
- Different strategies may be required for accessing external and internal information, but it comes down to four basic questions?
Answer: The four questions are:
- Is strategy giving all the directions?
- Does strategy fit opportunities and resources?
- Does it reduce the barriers?
- Does it reach to those who are affected(ctb.ku, 2017)?
- What is the difference between confidentiality and privacy?
State of being secluded
Situation when someone is expected to not share the details to anyone else.
Limit public from access
Prevents the documents from unauthorized source
Applies to individual
Applies to information (S, 2015)
Good performance indicators are often described as SMART, what is SMART?
Answer: The full meaning of SMART is:
S for Specific: This indicator specifically relates to outcome.
M for Measurable: This is objectively verifiable and quantifiable.
A for Achievable: The information and the data which is required are collected.
R for Relevant: This indicator should be able to provide information which is appropriate.
T for Time Bound: It is able to reflect changes with time (Bours, 2014).
- What is plant?
Answer: Plant is a needed infrastructure for maintenance and operations of given facility.
- What is required to management the risks associated with plant?
Answer: Some controls that are required for managing the risks in a plant are:
- Equipments for pressure
- Powered mobile plant
- Industry Robots
- Records on items of plant that may be kept could include?
- Record of the assets and the liabilities.
- Day to day record of cost received and spent on the market.
- Documents for entries in books like vouchers, bank statement, receipts, invoices and papers.
- A high risk work license is valid for what period of time?
Answer: They are valid for 5 years.
- Safe Act Observation process involves three stages, what are they?
Answer: SAO steps are:
- Firstly observe and then get the attention of the worker
- Commenting on the work of the worker
- If observed that the worker is safe then discuss and identify the unsafe work and mitigate it for the future.
- The introduction of hazard-management tools impact on?
Answer: Hazard Management tools are actually used in providing a workplace with the stepwise approach for accessing hazards and monitor the controls. There are numbers of hazard management tools available these days. Usage of only one in place tool can get the work started even when the other tools are not available.
- Communication of hazard management result may include?
Answer: It should include positive ‘educational messages’ and also a high success rate so it will become more likely to engage the people in informed manner.
- When a hazard management tool has been used, information or data is collected and analyzed so an outcome is achieved. This outcome can either be a positive or a negative. These outcomes may include a requirement to?
Answer: The outcomes may require:
- To analyze results and the use of tools
- Results and findings should be communicated to people.
- Implementation of emergency management arrangements should aim to?
Answer: The aims are:
- To prevent injuries.
- To reduce damages to stock and equipment and buildings.
- To protect environment and people.
- To kick off normal operations on the higher rate(ccohs, 2018).
- A risk register is a document detailing?
Answer: The details it should include are:
- It should keep a record of dates.
- Should have the description of the risk.
- Types of risk
- Probability of occurrence of risks
- Risk’s severe effects.
- About the owner
- Current status of the risk
- Measures to mitigate risks.
- Define what Passive Protection is and where the requirements are addressed?
Answer: Passive Protection is the component made up of three different components of structural protection of fire and safety from fire in a building. It attempts to contain slow the fire spread or catch it through floors and doors.
- Identify the priorities for emergency response, in order?
Answer: The priorities of the emergency order are:
First priority should be the self.
Second priority should be the crew
Third priority should be the community and the surroundings.
Fourth priority should be about the incident and the patients if any.
australianbusiness. (2011, August). Retrieved January 30, 2018, from australianbusiness.com: https://www.australianbusiness.com.au/getattachment/WHS/Resources/Introduction-to-the-Work-Health---Safety-Act/Fact-sheet-Health-and-Safety-Duties.pdf.aspx
Bours, D. (2014, October 22). linkedin. Retrieved January 31, 2018, from linkedin.com: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141022071803-18927814-a-good-start-with-s-m-a-r-t-indicators
ccohs. (2018). Retrieved January 31, 2018, from ccohs.ca: https://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/hsprograms/planning.html
ctb.ku. (2017). Retrieved January 31, 2018, from ctb.ku.edu: https://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/structure/strategic-planning/develop-strategies/main
ehs.princeton. (2018). Retrieved January 31, 2018, from ehs.princeton.edu: https://ehs.princeton.edu/about-ehs/mission-and-values
healthyworkinglives. (2013, April 18). Retrieved January 30, 2018, from healthyworkinglives.com: https://www.healthyworkinglives.com/advice/Legislation-and-policy/Workplace-Health-and-Safety/consultation-with-employees
Rediff. (2018). Retrieved January 30, 2018, from rediff.com: https://www.rediff.com/money/2005/dec/27guest.htm
S, S. (2015, June 17). Keydifferences. Retrieved January 31, 2018, from Keydifferences.com: https://keydifferences.com/difference-between-privacy-and-confidentiality.html#ComparisonChart
training.gov. (2012, December 12). Retrieved January 31, 2018, from training.gov.au: https://training.gov.au/TrainingComponentFiles/BSB07/BSBWHS404A_R1.pdf
Webster, M. (2015, September 23). mpwrandr. Retrieved January 30, 2018, from mpwrandr.co.uk: https://mpwrandr.co.uk/7-barriers-to-effective-risk-management/
wsps. (2013). Retrieved January 30, 2018, from wsps.ca: https://www.wsps.ca/WSPS/media/Site/Resources/Downloads/How_to_Cndct_Wrkplc_Inspctns_FINAL.pdf?ext=.pdf