Workplace Digital Applications
- General trends and innovations in the digital technology that are applicable in the workplaces are as follows:
- Artificial intelligence- the present day workplaces are becoming more agile and robust with the integration of artificial intelligence. The artificial intelligence is one of the biggest and latest innovation which can set a different milestone in the workplace and has the potential to entirely alter hoe workplaces behave (Russell and Norvig 2016).
- Virtual personal assistants- the machine learning algorithm has entered into a new arena and then it has made the human work ecosystem an automated one. The virtual personal assistants have now entered the workspaces (Yadgar et al. 2015).
- Digital dexterity- it is the willingness and the ability of the workers to use both the emerging and the existing technologies (papers.ssrn.com 2018).
- Smarter workplaces are becoming smarter day by day and the applications that are used in the workplaces are becoming smarter day by day. Applications are now becoming smarter and are capable of assigning parking spaces and assign workplaces within the building.
- People analytics- it is the new sort of area of business and it has taken the business operations with the infusion of the real-time analytics that has the capability to assess the workplace (Fecheyr-Lippens, Schaninger and Tanner 2015).
- workplace digital applications-
- Workplace communications applications- Bitrix24and Slack are the two best internal communication applications that are used to maintain a healthy internal communication that is critical for excellent atmosphere and teamwork in a workplace (Bitrix24.com 2018).
- Technologies that are used in the workplaces are the learning management systems and the record management systems. These record management system helps to keep a record of the work progress and the learning management system helps in the keeping of the learning process that the employees are going through.
- Networking through the digital applications- the business networking applications that can be used in an organisation are Aloqaand Shapr. These two applications are smartphone compatible and help with active networking (americanexpress.com 2018).
- The information sources that have been used in this report are the internet, Google scholar and various organizational websites.
- Intellectual property risk is the main issues in this digital world and this has befitted the trade secret thieves, patent flouters, brand impersonators and the copyright pirates. Thus, the illegal copying, sharing, and publishing the data of an author or artist or a developer are the major areas of concern (Parr 2018).
The five intellectual property acts are copyright protection act, design protection act, registering a domain name act, trademark protection, patent protection (Austrade.gov.au 2018).
The act that regulates and intellectual property content is the registering of a domain name act. This particular act functions to put a barrier on the illegal and unabated use of the domain names that are already registered (Burkart 2015).
- The key elements that are required in a workplace during the evaluation of a digital technology are: the employees must be able to adopt the new technologies; the new technologies must not replace the existing employees because its main objective will enhance the working efficiency of the employees.
The three cloud computing services are software as a service, platform as a service and infrastructure as a service. The infrastructure as a service provides a business access to the web architectures that are vital, while the platform as service provides the service that helps in initiating an application with a very little or no money at all. The software as a service reduces the burden of the maintenance, operations and support and this lets the application run on the computer that belongs to the vendor (Jadeja and Modi 2012).
Cloud computing can be described as the technology that delivers the information technology services. The data are sourced through the web-based tool applications with the help of having a direct server connection. Majority of the cloud computing systems offer free services up to 15 Gb like Google Drive, while there are other services like one drive that offer free service up to 5 Gb. Thus, premium services are offered to the customers when they look for utilizing more spaces. Google Drive offers 100 GB of data at around 1.99 dollars per month (Support.google.com 2018b).
Online meeting project
- The three online meeting solutions are the ezTalks online meeting software and Mikogo online meeting software and Skype for business.
ezTalks online meetings solutions are developed by a company named ezTalks Technology Company and this software solution has the capability to include the cloud-based conferencing solutions and it sustains the large, medium and the small enterprises. This software has an innovative whiteboard tool, screen sharing tool, meeting scheduling and cross-platform chat and supports high definition audio and video (Eztalks.com, 2018). The Mikigo online meeting software is a great tool for web conferences and it allows users on different computers to work together. The Skype for business is an all in one application for making video calls as long as there is an internet connection. The best part of all these applications is that they all are free to use software (Skype.com 2018).
- online meeting protocol-
- Arriving early before the start of the time.
- The pre-meetings should be limited to the type of conversation similar to face to face conversation.
- During the time of meeting one should refrain from giving advice, crosstalk.
- While sharing texts one must keep the lines short.
- When the sharing is finished, one must type “done”.
- Ignoring the strangers during the online conversation (Harvard Business Review 2018).
The staff members must download the software from the homepage of the software publisher. Webcam, mic and speakers are a necessity before setting up for the meeting. The documents are shared through the share button present button inside the software interface.
- The three examples of the works that are copyrighted are musical compositions, sound recordings and movies (Support.google.com 2018a).
- The concept of fair use can be described as the usage of the copyright material for the research, scholarship, teaching, news reporting, commentary and criticism. the four fair use factors are: using the copyright material only for the factual works; the character of usage, whether it is used for the non-profit purposes or for the commercial purposes; borrowing small portions from the copyright material is considered to be a fair use rather than copying large chunks of information; usage of the copyright material is a way that will not affect the profit of the copyright owner (Support.google.com 2018a).
- A creative commons license is a copyright license that promotes the free distribution of a copyrighted work.
- Copyright provides the owner of the copyright to use it exclusively. A trademark can be defined as the expression or a design that identifies the services and products from a particular source. A patent is a form of intellectual property which provides the owner with the several rights while excludes others from the importing, selling, using and making an invention for a specific period of time (Support.google.com 2018a).
- the relevant policies and regulations for privacy and policies are the various rules that an individual, organizations follows during the violation of the privacy policies and the copyright of a particular of creation.
- Contact information
The work that is believed to be infringed is a blog on the leadership in the digital age. the allegedly infringing URL is the www.betterMC.net.au/weeklyblog. Hereby I agree that the information put in the notification is my own and the id has the rights to allegedly infringe.
Produce a client newsletter
The Microsoft newsletter format selected is a company newsletter format and it will be a Microsoft word document file. The fonts will be selected based on the newsletter template. It will also include the company logo. The length of the newsletter will be 1 or 2 pages for its publication. The pages will have sub-headings, columns, photos and graphics.
At the meeting with the operations manager, the effective communication topic is discussed. This effective communication and how it will be enhancing the work culture within the organization is discussed.
The safe manual handling document will be taken into account the correct handling methods. Inside the Grow management consultants, the staffs are seen not following the safe handling procedures and this has gone to increase the workplace related hazards. The statistical calculation is often analysed by the superiors and then it is a specific department where the operations manager explicitly works upon. Thus, the statistics of the incident occurring in the Grow Management Consultants for the year 2016 will be provided by the operations manager.
The manual handling procedure will ensure the deployment of proper body posture during lifting heavy weights, else injuries can occur. Thus, it is always best to check the load marked on the package before making preparation for lifting it up.
The good handling technique includes
- Removing obstructions that are lying on the route of movement.
- Adopting a stable position
- Getting a good grip of the object
- Initiating the lift with a proper body posture
- Not to flex back while lifting
- One must keep the load close to the waist.
- Keeping head while moving the weight
- Move slowly and steadily.
- Not to lift more than the capability of a person (Hse.gov.uk. 2018).
americanexpress.com, 2018. The 8 Best Apps For Business Networking. [online] OPEN Forum. Available at: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/openforum/articles/the-8-best-apps-for-business-networking/ [Accessed 29 Aug. 2018].
Austrade.gov.au., 2018. Australian Intellectual Property laws - Austrade. Retrieved from https://www.austrade.gov.au/International/Invest/Guide-to-investing/Running-a-business/Understanding-Australian-business-regulation/Australian-Intellectual-Property-laws
Bitrix24.com, 2018. Slack alternative. [online] Bitrix24.com. Available at: https://www.bitrix24.com/alternatives/free-slack-alternative.php [Accessed 29 Aug. 2018].
Burkart, P., 2015. Intellectual property rights. The International Encyclopedia of Digital Communication and Society, 1-13.
Eztalks.com., 2018. 5 Professional Online Meeting Solutions That You Need to Know | ezTalks. Retrieved from https://www.eztalks.com/video-meeting/5-professional-online-meeting-solutions.html
Fecheyr-Lippens, B., Schaninger, B. and Tanner, K., 2015. Power to the new people analytics. McKinsey Quarterly, 51(1), pp.61-63.
Harvard Business Review., 2018. How to Run a Great Virtual Meeting. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2015/03/how-to-run-a-great-virtual-meeting
Hse.gov.uk., 2018. Manual Handling: Health and Safety. Retrieved from https://www.hse.gov.uk/toolbox/manual.htm
Jadeja, Y., & Modi, K., 2012. Cloud computing-concepts, architecture and challenges. In Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies (ICCEET), 2012 International Conference on (pp. 877-880). IEEE.
papers.ssrn.com, 2018. Becoming a Digital Organization: The Journey to Digital Dexterity. [online] papers.ssrn.com. Available at: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2697688 [Accessed 29 Aug. 2018].
Parr, R. L., 2018. Intellectual property: valuation, exploitation, and infringement damages. John Wiley & Sons.
Russell, S.J. and Norvig, P., 2016. Artificial intelligence: a modern approach. Malaysia; Pearson Education Limited,.
Skype.com., 2018. Skype for business - with security and control of Microsoft. Retrieved from https://www.skype.com/en/business/
Support.google.com., 2018a. What is "Copyright"? - Legal Help. Retrieved from https://support.google.com/legal/answer/3463239?hl=en&ref_topic=4558877
Support.google.com., 2018b. Buy more Google storage - Computer - Google Drive Help. Retrieved from https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375123?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
Yadgar, O., Yorke-Smith, N., Peintner, B., Tur, G., Ayan, N.F., Wolverton, M.J., Acharya, G., Parimi, V.S., Mark, W.S., Wang, W. and Kathol, A., 2015. Generic virtual personal assistant platform. U.S. Patent 9,082,402.