This assignment is designed to further students understanding of the job market, volunteering and the current and future trends in recruitment and the tools available to find employment
Part 1. Examine the lob market
This sector examines the current job market
Step 1: Identify at least five predicted career trends for the next dye years
Step 2: In general which careers are increasing? Decreasing?
Step 3: Discuss the expected trends in this area and comment on what is driving those trends.
Part 2. Examine a aid gert
This section examines a career that might interest you in the current job market
Step 1: Go to the 'My Future' website (http://www.myruture.educturen.aspx ) (Yes! You may choose any other site capable of profiling careers). Open the 'The Facts' window on the myfuture site and go to the 'Occupation Video Search' link. Select a video from a paid occupation that interests you.
Step 2: Using your chosen career and additional research answer these questions:
- Give a brief description of the types of jobs you could do within this career.
- What kind of activities and tasks are you likely to undertake?
- What training/education is required to apply for a career in this industry?
- What is the likely income for a graduate? How is this income likely rise with experience?
- How could the skills from this job lead you to other jobs or other careers? Please specify which jobs or careers you think these skills would be useful in.
- In your opinion, what does this industry bong to society? Support this view with evidence.
- In your opinion, what does this industry bong to the economy? Support this view with evidence.
Part 3— Examine an unpaid occupation
This section examines volunteering work that might interest you in the current job market
Step 1: Choose a volunteer organisation and answer these questions:
Part 4: Examine recruitment
- Give a brief description of the volunteer organisation and the job you would coped to do.
- What kind of activities and tasks are you likely to undertake in this job?
- Explain what in particular attracted you to this area of volunteering?
- What training/education is required to volunteer in this occupation?
- Is there potential to have a paid position in this area? Describe what that paid job might be.
- How could the skills from this volunteering job lead you to other paid jobs or other paid careers? Please specify which jobs or careers you think these skills would be useful in.
- In your opinion, what does your chosen volunteer organisation bong to society? Supped this view with evidence.
- In your opinion, what does your chosen volunteer organisation bong to the economy? Supped this view with evidence.
This section examines the current recruitment market
Step 1: Identify the major recruitment competitors such as SEEK.COM, Adecco etc. Your answer must identify and profile AT LEAST five competitors and cannot use Linkedln (this will be done in the next assignment)
Step 2: Discuss the predicted trends for companies seeking to recruit new employees over the next five years
Step 3: Offer a strategy for gaining employment in the career identified in Part 2. You must Include:
Which companies would you target for employment? How would you chose these companies and what research should you do on the company before applying for a job?
Give at toast Mono ways you could sock employment with your chosen companies. • 'Arhat would be the best of these recruitment options fcr you and why?
What would to identify personal examples of key employability skits. evaluate where personal skills require development and creole a plan of action to show how skills will be developed:
- be able to discuss me relationship between learning and career and He development. and apply this personally: to ale to research. apprise and explain how pad and non-paid wad( relates to SOciely and the economy.
- be able to identify personal career and He ChOiCeS. go on to deveccp a strategy to achieve these. begin to apply them and apvaise their efficacy: and
- be able to modify personal career and We voices accorang to changes In personal and enveonmental influences. Online adantsvon via Turman is required for Ws asaviment. Details will be provided by your subject lecturer.