The business plan will include the main elements of a plan as identified in Unit two of the learning materials with the inclusion of academic references:
• Executive summary
• The concept
• The product
• Marketing the business
• Sales and operations
• Sales forecast
• Financial projections
• Strengths and risks of the business
• Closing summary Within the plan emphasis will be placed on the following:
• The role you play as the entrepreneur. This will be communicated within the section on management expertise.
• The requirements for setting up a sustainable business model operating within external and competitive environments external and competitive environments.
• The skills required to turn the business idea into practical applications.
You must also include:
• References – to be to AU Harvard Standards.
• Appendix – to include a copy of the PowerPoint presentation.
You have the opportunity to submit a one-page summary of your assignment to receive formative feedback.
The feedback is designed to help you develop areas of your work and it helps you develop your skills as an independent learner.
Your work must be submitted to your tutor no later than 14 days prior to the submission date. This is to allow time for you to reflect on the feedback and draft your final submission. Formative feedback will not be given to work submitted after the above date.
There is a different submission port for each part of the assessment. Please read the following instructions very carefully and ask if you don’t understand what is required.It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the assessments are uploaded into the correctsubmission port.
Task 1 – Business Plan
The assessment should be submitted in the normal way, via the PART 1 submission port in iLearn.
Task 2 – Presentation
The PowerPoint should be submitted in the normal way, via the PART 2 submission port in iLearn.
However, The narrated version of the PowerPoiont will need to be uploaded into the ‘Upload your Presentation’ area in iLearn.
- Salgados menu:
- Portuguese dishes-Paste`is de bacalhau
- Arroz de Pato
- Salame de chocolate
- Alheira de Mirandela
- Salagados will focus on lower- to upper- income markets
- Target middle-class
- Including professionals and students having interests in the comfort of food
- Street food market in London developed with booming food truck industry
- Expected to grow continuously owing to affordability, diversified selection and local interests
- In London food trucks are popular for their food quality besides being cheap, convenient
- Food truck owners have incorporated vegetarian dishes, gluten- and fat-free options
- Adopted national cuisine dishes of different countries
- Popular trend is home delivery
- Numerous popular food trucks in London available
- But penetration in marketplace confined owing to inadequate services due to lack of service such as chat, messaging boards
- Besides focusing exclusively on selling food lowers fulfilling experience
- Instance giving customer reviews on social page
- As such Salgados believes it can gain large market strategically
- By diversifying its business
- Strategies adopted by Salgados
- Creating a captivating value proposition
- Building strong brand recognition
- Building key industry relations
- Providing a fascinating demonstration
- Offering higher level of tailored services
- Building a team of experienced cooks
Strategic Partnerships and Alliances
- Alliances and sponsorships will be developed by Salgados with samll farm, poultry and dairy suppliers
- Generating revenues
- Developing relationships and strategic alliances with restaurants to provide publicity and marketing help
- Salgados will become eminent food truck by:
- Building Relationships
- Through Management, speed, flexibility
- Early mover advantage
- Augmenting operational efficiencies
- Buiding High switching costs
- Build awareness and drive traffic
- Strong creative marketing combined with social media promotion
- Marketing tools and key strategic alliances will be used to drive traffic
Strengths and risk of business
- Financial risk
- Vehicle risk
- Equipment damage
- Operator risk
- Business plan of Salagados consist of information on overview of business, analysis of market and competitors,
- marketing activities, financial forecast and potential risk.
- The understanding of these aspects will build effectiveness to achieve its main goals.
- Rasheed, S., Wang, C., Yaqub, F. and Memon, S. (2015). Risk leveling in business environments - A novel approach for macro risk management. Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, [Online], 8(3), 738-762.