You have been asked by your client to recommend which of two available stocks will perform better over time, relative to risk. You will need to compare risk and return relationship of the two stocks over time, and present your findings as both a written report (detailing your calculations and findings), and a short video presentation to your client, elaborating on one aspect of your investigation.
The goal of this assignment is to
1. give you practice in performing the different types of quantitative analysis tasks often undertaken by Business graduates
2. provide you with feedback on your ability to carry out such tasks
3. learn how and when to use different quantitative techniques covered in the second half of the course.
This is an individual assignment, worth 30% of the total assessment in this subject. This assignment is based on topics including; Sampling and Estimation, Hypothesis Testing, and Regression Analysis.
• Use the marking rubric as a guide when working on your assignment.
This is Standard and Poor index of 500 companies and will be used as market portfolio.
• PG = Google Stock Price
A particular stock we are interested in to determine how it behaves in response to market
• PY = Yahoo Stock Price
A particular stock we are interested in to determine how it behaves in response to market changes.
• rf =Interest rate on 10 year US-Treasury Note This variable is given in percentage (with % sign omitted) and will serve as a risk-free interest rate. We will use this variable to compute excess returns on our preferred stock (either Google or
Yahoo) and Market excess returns.