Discuss about the Business Profile of NAPA Center for House Leadership Approach.
The Neurological and Physical Abilitation Center, abbreviated as NAPA, is responsible for offering safe, natural and effective treatment to the children. Founded in the 2008, the center now offers a huge range of therapies, modalities and techniques across the world. They offer intensive programs of therapy, with a wide variety of developmental and neurological needs to the children. They provide the children and their families with services in the playful environment which helps in maximizing their developmental potential (Napacenter.org. 2017).
House’s Leadership Approach
House’s leadership theory thinks that it is important to clarify the paths by solving the problems and removal of roadblocks, in order to achieve the organizational goals. It focuses on supportive leadership, by nurturing and increasing the number of rewards for the attainment of any goal, with a touch of humanity in it. It promotes undertaking of challenges and excelling in the path. It promotes involvement of the followers and also keeps a check on their satisfaction. Moreover, this theory focuses on the followers’ achievements and offers them with valuable experiences (Coffey et al., 2012).
The leaders of NAPA organization have helped in its successful management and progress. They have enabled self confidence and creativity among the employees (Blocki et al., 2015). Their cognitive ability and business knowledge have helped the organization attain huge success. Constant motivation provided to the employees has helped them to work better and prosper every day. Their honesty and integrity have helped them gain much appreciation from the employees. The desire of leading the organization, concern for people and better knowledge of business have helped them create an emotional leader-employee bond (Coffey et al., 2012).
A company’s Human Resource Management policies are designed by the department of HR, in order to maximize the performance of the employees in accordance with the organization’s strategic objectives. Its primary objectives are managing the people of the organizations, by focusing on its policies and systems (Napacenter.org. 2017). It is responsible for designing the employee benefits, recruitment, development, training, rewarding and performance appraisals. NAPA’s environment of working is very encouraging and motivating, which has helped the organization in being one of the best centers at Singapore. Different sorts of therapies are being provided across the world (Goetsch & Davis, 2014).
The employees at times face several challenges while dealing with the patients. With constant motivation from the leaders and good working condition, they are able to overcome those challenges. They are often provided with the freedom to treat the patients as per their convenience. The employees also communicate with their leaders which help them gain useful insights (Skovholt & Jennings, 2017). They trust their leaders and management group, which helps in the success and growth of the organization. Moreover, they are provided with several working benefits and incentives which persuade them to work properly. The leaders encourage the employees to voice their opinion and share their views without the fear of being punished or scold (O'Sullivan, Schmitz & Fulk, 2013).
Types of Management Strategies required
Organizations must have certain management skills and strategies in order to flourish. These skills include the technical, conceptual, human and motivational skills. The most common mistakes done by the managers are being insensible and insensitive to their employees; being cold, overly ambitious and arrogant; breaking the employees’ trust and many more. These mistakes mar the company’s progress and growth (O'Sullivan, Schmitz & Fulk, 2013). Therefore, the company needs to adopt several strategies to give their best to the customers as well as the employees. The managerial strategies NAPA Center requires are:
- The employees are to be given full details about the organizational policies and procedures, which helps in the development of varied ideas and solutions.
- The company at times should organize training sessions and useful events, which motivates the employees to share their views and opinions (Goetsch & Davis, 2014).
- This also benefits in the development of team spirit and effectiveness.
- They must be given the opportunity to decorate the centers as per their choice.
- This gives them a homely and positive environment, which in turn encourages them to carry out their duties properly and more effectively (Skovholt & Jennings, 2017).
- Delivering innovative and modern therapy services to the children who require a variety of developmental and neurological needs.
- The therapies and services should be offered in a playful environment which enables the clients to maximize developmental potential.
- Their vision will be to sustain and promote inventive practices through interdisciplinary teamwork and education.
- They must provide exceptional experiences of learning and stay connected with academic community.
- It helps the employees to develop their leadership skills and encourages diversity.
- It also educates the employees regarding their vast range of workplace policies, community programs and processes, needs and other issues.
- The organization specializes in the enhancement of motor skills of the children, which helps in keeping the body balance (org. 2017).
To conclude, the NAPA center offers expert and specialized services for the treatment of children as well as adults having complex disorders, which include, Cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, Autism, brain injuries, delay in development, genetic conditions and more. Therapists look after each and every patient with a positive attitude, which makes them feel better. Their comprehensive treatment includes the addressing of physical, psychological and emotional components of every patient. Their working team focuses on each patient’s movement patters, flexibility, balance, strength, functional ability and tone. Therapists work as a single team with specialists, physicians as well as the family members in order to adapt each and every treatment, while the patient progresses towards reaching the goals.
Blocki, A., Wang, Y., Koch, M., Goralczyk, A., Beyer, S., Agarwal, N., ... & Schwarz, H. (2015). Sourcing of an alternative pericyte-like cell type from peripheral blood in clinically relevant numbers for therapeutic angiogenic applications. Molecular Therapy, 23(3), 510-522.
Coffey, L., O’Keeffe, F., Gallagher, P., Desmond, D., & Lombard-Vance, R. (2012). Cognitive functioning in persons with lower limb amputations: a review. Disability and rehabilitation, 34(23), 1950-1964.
Goetsch, D. L., & Davis, S. B. (2014). Quality management for organizational excellence. Upper Saddle River, NJ: pearson.
Napacenter.org. (2017). Singapore | NAPA Center. NAPA Center. Retrieved 20 September 2017, from https://www.napacenter.org/singapore/
O'Sullivan, S. B., Schmitz, T. J., & Fulk, G. (2013). Physical rehabilitation. FA Davis.
Skovholt, T., & Jennings, L. (2017). Master therapists: Exploring expertise in therapy and counseling. Oxford University Press.