It has been observed from the market feedback that the present style of providing customer services to the clients to meet their queries are not satisfactory related to the different level of services for them. In order to enhance the customer service level for better satisfaction of the intended customers, several recommendations are advised which are to be strictly followed in different sphere of services for the customers (Ka?ovská & Tomášková, 2015). Main objective of this memo is to remind once again the objective of the customer service, especially for the overseas customers who are newcomers and not well equipped with different level of requirements to be met by them in order to pursue hazardless continuation of their studies (Brooks & Tyler, 2016). Moreover, the extended customized services as per the requirements of the clients are also to be met to the best of their satisfaction level to make them feel comfortable on the soil of Australia. Following recommendations are made on different areas of activities as taken up and provided by the company, Sigma Global, through the customer service agents for good experience of the customers:
- Ethical Marketing- The agents, mainly from abroad, are advised to follow the basic rules of ethical marketing. Ethical marketing demands true projection of services to be extended to the customers. The agents should be abstained from any superficial projection of services, which are not provided by the company as per list given by the company. The commitment of the customer service agents should comply with the basic services as provided by the company. Any type of other commitments by the agents, which are not covered in the list of services, will be their sole responsibilities and the company will not be accountable for any such commitment. The names of the institutes are well mentioned in the list of the company for which the company extends services for different curriculum. The same is to be strictly followed when the agents are working under the banner of Sigma Global(Arnold, 2010).
- Brochures and other advertising materials- It has been observed that the brochures and advertising materials published and circulated by the agents are not maintaining the guideline of the company. At times, the brochures are not complying with the company guideline of commitments so far the services provided to the customers for different areas of amenities. This type of printed documents may cause unnecessary confusion and subsequent controversies amongst the stakeholders, which ultimately come upon the company. In order to avoid such confusion, the agents are recommended to get the brochure and advertising materials approved by the company before being published. The brochures and advertising materials should contain the names of the institutes with their ranking, curriculum offered by them, their expertise regarding placement and probable cost of education. The institutes should be projected in fair manner so that the client can have transparent idea about the institutes and can easily find the best suitable choice for which he looks for. The fairness of the brochure is to be strictly adhered to and it should give the proper image of the services extended by the company for meeting the objectives of the customers for the purpose of their interest related to their studies. The knowledge of the agent should be thorough so that when they sit with the customer one to one basis, they can be able to deliver proper projection of the institutes with their curriculum and ranking with respective cost of education in those institutes(Hamid, Zahra, Mojtaba, & Mahmoud, 2014).
- Information regarding accommodation- The customers are to be well informed about the accommodation status of different institutes with the cost to be incurred and the amenities in return will be availed. As the overseas customers are coming for education in Australia, the company is very much concerned about their value for money. In any case, agent should not divulge in any type of false commitment or fabricated image of the accommodation to be availed by the customers. There must be transparency about the cost of accommodation. The company is not taking any responsibility about deviation from such actual facilities of accommodation. Subsequently the company will not entertain any future claims generated from false commitment on the part of the agents about this part of service, and agents are advised to refrain from such commitment. The agents are to be clearly aware of the accommodation facilities and respective amenities, which will be forwarded to the customers, and thus transparent and clear communication will not raise confusion to the customers(Hyoungkoo, Eyun-Jung, & Lan, 2012).
- Information regarding transportation- It is also observed that customers normally face difficulties in commuting at the study place because of their unawareness of this place. It is to be advised to the customers about the availability of transportation with the proper cost and respective allowable discount for being the student. This information is to be passed on to the aspirant customers well before they move to Australia. It is also to be ensured that the information should be accurate with the latest level of data gathered by the company and passed on to the agents. It is one of the prime duties of the agents to provide such information to the aspirant students so that they will not face any difficulties in Australia when they will reach here. Transportation information should consist of airport transfer to the institutes and the local transportation with the estimated cost to ensure their readiness about that.
- Childcare costs- It is often found that the customers are coming with children to avail their studies in the Australian Institutes. In that case, they need the service of childcare, which will incur cost for them. To make them well aware of such expenses, the idea of childcare cost is to be intimated if they require such service. Childcare is provided for certain time when parents are engaged in their daily occupations. Hence, the service is time bound and that is to be informed to the students who are looking for such service(Childcare, 2007).
Please ensure that the above issues are to be attended properly by you to ensure the goodwill of the company and for the better service to the customers who are intending to avail the service of the company. Any deviation of this recommendations are to be handled with due steps.
Arnold, C. (2010). Ethical Marketing and The New Consumer Marketing in the New Ethical Economy. Chichester: Wiley.
Brooks, H., & Tyler, B. (2016). A model of turnover-based disruption in customer services. Human Resource Management Review , 26 (1), 25-36.
Childcare. (2007). Childcare costs delays motherhood.(research on women). Marketing to Women: Addressing Women and Women's Sensibilities, , 20 (10), 8.
Hamid, R., Zahra, A., Mojtaba, G., & Mahmoud, M. (2014). The Role of Brand and Advertising in Marketing Mix (A Review of Marketing Mix). Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research In Business , 6 (7), 114-127.
Hyoungkoo, K., Eyun-Jung, K., & Lan, Y. (2012). Social Media Research in Advertising, Communication, Marketing, and Public Relations, 1997–2010. Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly , 89 (2), 279-298.
Ka?ovská, L., & Tomášková, E. (2015). Trends in Customer Services and Interfunctional Coordination by Manufacturers. Social and Behavioral Sciences , 213, 677-682.