The North West Regional Hospital (NWRH) is a purpose built, 180-bed inpatient facility and the largest regional hospital in the state. NWRH also has 15 outreach sites located throughout tropical, northern Australia, each of which employs approximately 17 individuals. In total, NWRH currently employs 700 people, including administrators, nurses, allied health staff and doctors.NRWH is undergoing an expansion and will be recruiting additional administration, nursing and medicalstaff.
The portfolio requires you to complete the following tasks:
1. Short essay on the:
a. Key features of good quality job descriptions, and
b. Different ways in which job descriptions can be used.
(For the short essay a maximum of 350 words. Whilst it may include the use of dot points the essay should have an introduction, body of discussion, and concluding comments). For the short essay provide a list of references, using the APA Referencing style).
2. Prepare three (3) job descriptions for the following positions;
a. Administration officer/clinic receptionist (located in the Children’s Department)
b. Community Health Registered Nurse, based in one of the outreach sites
c. EmergencyDepartment Registrar
3. Establish key selection criteria for each position in terms of qualifications,experience,skills/abilities, personal qualities and any special requirements.
4. Design a recruitment advertisement for online use. Develop an advertisement to be used for online recruiting for one of the above positions.
5. Outline the assessment/evaluation method(s) you will use to support the selection process to the advertised position. You may wish to use a rubric.
6. Prepare interview questionsfor the advertised position.
7. Identify interview panel members and explain why each should be part of the panel.