- Moor’s Law is based on Gordon Moore’s observation (1965) that transistors has doubled in numbers on every square inch of integrated circuits in every year and this will continue is the future as well. As the number of transistors increased, the energy efficiency and processing power increased. Since 2000s, the size of the transistors began to be smaller so the engineers struggle to pack more and make the heat disappear (Business Insider 2013).
2) Bioprinting uses 3d printing technologies to create cell patterns. Currently it is being used to protect cells and filling the empty spaces in the tissues (Murphy and Atala 2014). In future, it can be used in the reconstructive surgery more successfully.
- The real time operating system is designed for the industrial robots, embedded systems, research equipment and other real time applications (Emilio 2015). It can process data without any buffer delay.
A non real time operating system, unlike the real time one might not be able to complete a task within a specific time. In RTOS the activity is schedule specific but non RTOS are not. The non RTOS are multi tuskers but the RTOS are system embedded.
A computer hardware designer designs computer hardware. They test the computers, analyze and modify their developed equipments. The initial requirement for the degree is a degree in computer engineering or electrical engineering. This job demands a creative, detail oriented and analytical person. If necessary they update the existing ones. They generally work in the research laboratories or manufacturing firms.
2) Super computers will help to collect more specific and accurate data necessary for the job and it run faster than other computers. The economic collapse will be prevented by using it, so if ones can learn and utilize the potential of super computer he has great future opportunities in his field.
3) Some necessary Smartphone applications for business students are the Decision app, Wunderlist and Dropbox. Drobox is a great platform which helps to store necessary files for future use. The Wunderlist helps to collaborate among multiple tasks and helps with group projects. The Decision app helps to develop the strategic skills and can transform the points or graphs into visual presentation.
- A) Vivobarefoot has gained following advantages from updating its infrastructure.
- The existing software and hardware were not being able to fulfill the growing need of the company’s business. The company has grown rapidly in last 5 year(Stair and Reynolds 2013). To maintain such large business the company had to update and upgrade the existing infrastructure. The updating to Windows Server 2012 from Windows Server 2003 helped to reduce the ‘mounting management cost’.
- The windows update helped the company to overcome the concerns about data security and security patching. The update provided the company with a reliable and safe platform for preserving and archiving all the necessary data.
- The newly updated HyperVisor software and the Windows Server 2012 R2 provided the company with both virtual and physical server capabilities. It also fulfilled the company’s need for stock management process and accounting software.
- Previously the management group in China had to use personal mail accounts because they could not access the company’s Microsoft email server from London. The company updated to Office 365 which is a global cloud service(com 2017). Now the employees in China now communicate through company’s own official email addresses.
- The cloud based method will enable every employee to see and access all the publicly available company documents.
- The up gradation from tape to remote based back up service has secured the data protection more effectively.
The Office 365 runs very slow and there are no automatic updates. The company must check the bandwidth before engaging in the Cloud activities. If the download speed is low, the work will get hampered big time. The London office’s problem with internet speed might prove the shifting to be a wrong move (The Guardian 2017). I feel if the internet speed can be improved the move would be beneficial for the company in restoring the data securely for a long time.
If the company is still using Windows Server 2003, it will not get any help from the company for any problem. Microsoft will never offer in update for the old one, not even any security updates. Hackers might attack the software and cause big trouble for the company. There is high chance that the server will fail in the security audit.
Aroca, R.V., Caurin, G. and Carlos–SP–Brasil, S., 2009. A real time operating systems (RTOS) comparison. Sao Carlos–SP–Brasil.
Business Insider. (2013). How Apple, Intel And Motorola Are Pushing 'Moore's Law' To Its Limits. [online] Available at: https://www.businessinsider.in/How-Apple-Intel-And-Motorola-Are-Pushing-Moores-Law-To-Its-Limits/articleshow/23608888.cms [Accessed 19 Aug. 2017].
Emilio, M.D.P., 2015. Real Time Operating System (RTOS). In Embedded Systems Design for High-Speed Data Acquisition and Control (pp. 101-118). Springer International Publishing.
Murphy, S.V. and Atala, A., 2014. 3D bioprinting of tissues and organs. Nature biotechnology, 32(8), pp.773-785.
Office.com. (2017). Office 365 Login | Microsoft Office. [online] Available at: https://www.office.com/ [Accessed 19 Aug. 2017].
Stair, R. and Reynolds, G., 2013. Principles of information systems. Cengage Learning.
The Guardian. (2017). Millions of broadband customers in UK 'suffer dire internet speeds'. [online] Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/23/millions-of-uk-broadband-customers-suffer-dire-internet-speeds-mps-say [Accessed 19 Aug. 2017].