Write a Case Study for Biochemistry Nursing?
1. This case is about a 5 year old boy named Bryce Morris. During his yearly check up and vital signs study he has been noted with these following properties, that follows he has decreased from 50th percentile of height and weight 1 year ago to the 5th percentile.
A nurse will further asses some field, they are as follows
• Will check his chest diameter measurements
• Chest diameter at the nipple line.
• Will check his BMI ( Body Mass Index),
• Should check his vision and hearing property with the help of appropriate and standard equipments (Canté-Barrett, Pieters & Meijerink, 2013).
• As Bryce has diagnosed with Particular juvenile idiopathic arthritis , so a nurse should recommend him for some tests, that are as follows
• CBC (count of blood cells)
• Checking for the inflammatory markers like erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR),
• And C reactive protein,
• Should be checked for the presence of anemia and iron deficiency,
• Should be checked for leukocytosis,
• The nurse should give some advice to Bryce family and also for Bryce, that are as follows-
• His family should opt for best medical care for his child and should follow the doctor’s instructions.
• Juvenile arthritis is different in different child so the parents should know their child’s disease very closely (Iwamoto, Bundo, Kasai & Kato, 2011).
• They should check that if there is any side effect for the medications the doctor prescribes.
• Parents should treat their child as normal one.
• They should encourage their child to exercise and should give him physical therapy for better results.
• Parents should talk with him and make him understand that juvenile arthritis is nobody’s fault (Lev & Pinchasi, 2014).
• They should support him mentally, and make him mentally stronger.
• Parents should work with social workers as they can help them for getting the best treatment.
2. The second case is about a 9 month old La Wanda Green, she is brought to the emergency department as she has red raised bumps on her chest and back.
• The emergency department nurses have some priority assessment to do, they are as follows –
• She has to prepare the unit and the admission of patients to the emergency room.
• To evaluate and document the patient’s condition.
• To assist in many procedures like Intubation, Chest tube insertion, internal jugular, Ryle’s tube insertion and Foley’s Catheter insertion.
• Provide bed side nursing care.
• Prepare the patients for different type of examinations like X- ray, ECG, MRI, Ultrasonography etc.
• Monitoring continuously and report to the doctors.
• Administer medications as prescribed by the doctor.
• Should collect samples and evaluate them and document it for further process.
• The informations important for including in a health history are as follows – report of allergy, blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, smoking related any concern, any family member had a heart attack.
• La Wanda’s grand parents should be taught that her problem can arouse from allergy or it can be any type of infection, so they should careful for her.
3. This case is about a 14 year old boy named Miguel Souza, who has reported to have a prolonged case of diarrhea.
• The other health history related information which have to be included , they are as follows –
• If he had ate any bad thing like spoiled food or unpure water or any other liquid.
• His BMI.
• If he had any allergy related concern.
• If his any of family member has any history related to diarrhea.
• If he has any report related to STD.
• The following diagnostic tests a nurse should order –
• Stool test for diarrhea to find out the causative agent of diarrhea.
• A complete blood count test.
• Check up for the presence of STD.
• The nutritional plan for Miguel should have
• BRAT diet i.e. Banana, Rice, Applesauce, Toast
• Should have fibrous foods.
• A huge amount of liquid mainly purified water with electrolytes.
• There can be a psychological impact on Miguel that he might have HIV infection but this is not sure as he does not include any history or report for that. But he should check it first. Because both side can be possible as if he has HIV infection then his immunity can so lowered that he can have the disease but if he does not have the disease then it can be just a microbiological disease (Lev & Pinchasi, 2014).
Canté-Barrett, K., Pieters, R., & Meijerink, J. (2013). Myocyte enhancer factor 2C in hematopoiesis and leukemia. Oncogene, 33(4), 403-410. doi:10.1038/onc.2013.56
Iwamoto, K., Bundo, M., Kasai, K., & Kato, T. (2011). Measuring RNA editing of serotonin 2C receptor. Biochemistry (Moscow), 76(8), 912-914. doi:10.1134/s0006297911080062
Lev, V., & Pinchasi, R. (2014). Solving a±b=2c in elements of finite sets. Acta Arithmetica, 163(2), 127-140. doi:10.4064/aa163-2-3
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2016). Case Study: Biochemistry Nursing. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/case-study-biochemistry-nursing.
"Case Study: Biochemistry Nursing." My Assignment Help, 2016, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/case-study-biochemistry-nursing.
My Assignment Help (2016) Case Study: Biochemistry Nursing [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/case-study-biochemistry-nursing
[Accessed 28 February 2020].
My Assignment Help. 'Case Study: Biochemistry Nursing' (My Assignment Help, 2016) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/case-study-biochemistry-nursing> accessed 28 February 2020.
My Assignment Help. Case Study: Biochemistry Nursing [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2016 [cited 28 February 2020]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/case-study-biochemistry-nursing.
For years, MyAssignmenthelp.com has been operating as one of the cheap assignment help providers in the USA. We are one of the best college paper writing services that keep service price minimal. We do not let the affordability of our service to hamper the standard of our work. We have separate teams of experts to provide report writing help . At MyAssigenmnthelp.com, we believe in earning credibility, so students can pay for assignments only after getting satisfied solutions. Tough assignments bother you? Trust us with your project. You will not regret paying us to write assignments for you.
Answer: Article analysis: CASP Article 1 Article 2 Article 3 Article 4 Article 5 Article 6 Article 7 Article 8 Article 9 Article 10 Was there a clear statement of the aims of the research? The systemic review has provided a clear statement of aim that is ‘examining the effectiveness of specific technique and sensory environmental modifications to improve participati...Read More
Answer: The research article by Gardner et al. (2018) was focused on the major healthcare related problems of 21st century, Obesity. People are focused on using two specific strategies for their weight loss such as low fat diet and low carbohydrate diet. The aim of the study was to determine the effect of these type of diets as well the effect of dynamics of insulin-glucose or genotypes in deciding the effect of the diets (Gardner et...Read More
Answer: Introduction A wound is an interruption of the continuity of a tissue structure. Different forms of injuries either caused by accident or surgery, results in tissue destruction, interference with blood vessels, extravasation of blood components and hypoxia. Wounds can, therefore, occur at any time be it at home, at work or in any other place. This requires that an immediate response is made to prevent further microbial infection and b...Read More
Answer: Introduction Substantial amount of historical evidence reported that use of honey as a treatment for wound amongst ancient Egyptians as well as for the duration of the world wars by field nurse. After the penicillin discovery and subsequent antibiotic insurgence, honey became ignored as a treatment for wound. In the year 1999, in Australia, honey was recorded as a current medical preparation for the first time. This leads to the emerg...Read More
Answer: Introduction Word count: Acne is a condition of the skin that is chronic and leads to the development of inflammatory lesions on the surface (Guzman, Choi, & James, 2018). The condition develops when the hair follicles are plugged with dead skin cells and oil. Acne often leads to whiteheads, and blackheads, and are found to be appearing on the upper back, shoulders, chest and forehead. The signs and symptoms of acne might be varying...Read More
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
Our writers make sure that all orders are submitted, prior to the deadline.
Using reliable plagiarism detection software, Turnitin.com.We only provide customized 100 percent original papers.
Feel free to contact our assignment writing services any time via phone, email or live chat.
Our writers can provide you professional writing assistance on any subject at any level.
Our best price guarantee ensures that the features we offer cannot be matched by any of the competitors.
Get all your documents checked for plagiarism or duplicacy with us.
Get different kinds of essays typed in minutes with clicks.
Calculate your semester grades and cumulative GPa with our GPA Calculator.
Balance any chemical equation in minutes just by entering the formula.
Calculate the number of words and number of pages of all your academic documents.
Our Mission Client Satisfaction
I want to say my sincere gratitude to the person that did my assignment it ready boast my grades this term I hope everyone can follow your example to do a good job not just the money, and you done have a rash, please pay attention to our assignments...
Awesome! This really helped me out. I was unsure of what to do for this assignment and I ended up getting an A
Thank you very much I am happy now I have successfully graduate because of you guys
All things were good, the experts know what they do. I completely recommend students to visit this site.