Describe about the Case Study for Drugs affecting the Upper Gastrointestinal Tract?
1. Mrs. Johnson is taking the medicine because she is suffering from the gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Metoclopramide is a drug for mainly stomach and oesophageal ailments. It helps in the contraction in the upper portion of the digestive tract. It also decreases heartburn caused by GERD. So she is being treated with the medicine.
2. The important patient variables here are heartburn, and the side effects of the drug Metoclopramide that she is taking like nausea, sleeplessness and anxiety.
3. Nurse can help to optimize treatment by monitoring pharmacodynamic markers. With a flexible approach to drug and dosage selection, it should be possible to manage GERD in an effective manner.
4. The patient is having heartburn that is not severe. Patient has shown side effect towards the medication Metoclopramide. Patient has shown sleeplessness, nausea, and anxiety. Since patient shown side effects towards the medication and the heartburn type is not serious the patient’s case. The patient can take antacids because they can stop the heartburn and treat quickly to the symptoms of GERD. The patient also can get treatment of Histamine type 2 receptor antagonists. This treatment can cause the stomach to produce fewer acids. And will lower the heartburn. The patient can also get treated by proton pump inhibitors. That can also reduce the heat burn. The patient should follow a change in lifestyle.
5. Since the patient has shown side effects for the drugs she may take antacids for a quick relief and with very little minimum side effects. The side effects for H2RA s may be a headache, constipation, nausea. PPIs can show side effects like a pain in the abdomen, vomiting, nausea, and diarrhoea. PPIs can increase the chance of getting infections inside intestine or lungs.PPI s can also increase the tendency of breaking a bone.
6. To maximize the therapeutic effects it is must important that the patient should follow to maintain a healthy lifestyle, a healthy diet, do regular exercise, taking proper rest and quit alcohol. The patient should avoid eating foods that may increase her heartburn or hard to digest. Also the patient should take proper medications or other alternatives such as antacids,
7. The patient should undergo the therapies properly under the supervision of the nurse. Avoid foods that can increase the ailment. The patient should avoid eating any food before going to bed. The patient should quit alcohol to get the benefit of the therapy. The patient should undergo the treatment that has minimal side effects.
8. The patient should treat properly for her continuous heartburns. If that remain unchecked, then she may get into serious health issues. She should avoid the eating foods that may trigger heartburns. She should follow a healthy lifestyle and avoid drinking alcohol during treatment. The following tests such as Endoscopy, oesophageal pH monitoring and manometry of the patient could help better in the treatment process. The test oesophageal pH monitoring can help to find out if the patient requires surgical treatment or not.
Please Enter Email to Download
Please enter a valid email address to download a sample you request.
We will send you answer file on this email address.
With time, MyAssignmenthelp.com has become one of the best college essay writing services. Our all rounded services give students the confidence to overcome assignment related issues. Our services are fast enough to meet most urgent deadlines. We are capable of delivering fast essay writing services with the help of our specially designed provisions and writers' teams. Our urgent essay help services guarantee most rapid delivery of assignment solutions. Some of our most popular essay services are application essay help, exploratory essay help, literary review essay help and argumentative essay help.