The milestones in Emirates’ incredible journey
The story of a firm whose success story is intertwined with the incredible development of Dubai could be nothing but fascinating. Against a backdrop of regional unrest and volatile global economies, progress has been maintained at a rapid pace in every year of Emirates' and dnata's existence. A combination of business acumen, ambition and savvy investment set in motion a series of events which have propelled Emirates and dnata to amongst the most respected and recognised brands in the world.
- Emirates is named the World’s Best Airline and receives 12th consecutive award for best In-flight Entertainment at Skytrax World Airline Awards 2016.
- Emirates opens new SkyPharma facility at Dubai International airport, dedicated exclusively to the secure transport of pharmaceuticals.
- Jennifer Aniston meets a new friend and explores Emirates Economy Class with second advertising campaign.
- Emirates Skywards celebrates 16 years of operation with 16 million members.
- Emirates introduces 6 new destinations in its global network - Yangon, Hanoi, Yinchuan, Zhengzhou, Cebu and Clark.
- Emirates brand value grows 17% to reach US$7.7 billion.
- In social media, Emirates becomes the world’s first airline with one million Instagram followers and launches the world’s first interactive amenity kit in Economy Class.
Using the case study above answer the following questions:
- Describe the types of customers that Emirates attracts as the major airline in the Middle East?
- Identify the current needs of each type of customers identified in question 1 and explain how they can contribute to the success of Emirates Airline?
- Discuss the major techniques that Emirates can use to analyse the effectiveness of customer service within its company?
- Analyse the use and importance of a quality system that can be implemented in Emirates to enhance customer service?
- As the future customer service executive you have been asked to prepare short action guidelines to cover each of the major skills of customer service at Emirates. Examine the ‘do’s’ or ‘don’ts’ you would include in your checklists for each of the following topics:
- Handling customer complaints
- Dealing with a difficult customer
- Effective communication over the telephone
- Principles of letter-writing when corresponding with customers queries