1. Explain the importance of accuracy when taking notes and maintaining documentation.
2. Explain how a client’s developmental status and response to change might affect your work with them.
3. Refer to the list of seven approaches to therapy in Assessment Task One, and briefly explain which of these therapies you feel personally most comfortable with, and why.
4. In order to meet professional standards, it is important for counsellors to consistently develop and reflect on their role.
a. Outline how and from whom you will elicit feedback.
b. Explain how you might ensure that the feedback you receive assists you to improve your practice.
c. Explain how supervision and peer support will help you to maintain self-awareness and develop your skills.
d. Explain how you might develop your own skills or understanding of people from a range of social, cultural and ethnic contexts, and with varying physical and mental abilities, so as to improve your practice.
1. It is important to maintain accuracy so that the documents can be maintained in proper manner without any fault. It is important to maintain each and every record in effective manner so that the information needed in future can be used easily. The records or data that are required can be easily accessed at the time of requirement. If it is maintained in accurate form the outcome of the result will be effective enough. The future consideration can be taken into consideration for maintaining the documentation. The documentation is used that it can be used in future and if it is not maintained properly then it can create problem in the future to analyse the data effectively.
2. The client developmental status and response can give enhancement in the working pattern. If the client gives positive response then it can be beneficial for the company and if negative response is received from client then the company can easily access the cons which exist in the working pattern of the company. If the customer is resistance to change that is made by the company then it can be very difficult for the company to survive in the market. If the customer is satisfied with the change that company made then it can also be advantage for the company to survive in the market. There are five stages that are concerned with progression and the stages are: pre-contemplation stage, contemplation, preparation, action and maintenance.
3. The therapies which can be best suited are solution focused brief therapy as it is the take into consideration the times when the client was successful enough. It helps to explore to copy the skills of the clients and also it the best time effective method which can be taken into consideration. SFBT gives focus on solutions, resources by taking into consideration the problems and limitations.
4. a) The main part is of the counsellor to take feedback in effective way. The sources of feedback can be a line manager; if the person is the counsellor in established firm then these are the sources: A supervisor who is professional enough, colleagues, Self review and also the online surveys and questionnaires.
If the person is practicing by their own then the feedback can be taken by: Professional- supervisor, self-reflection. Taking feedback is very essential it can help in professional development and can also help in identification of the education.
b) Feedback helps to analyse the behaviour towards the working. It helps to improve the practice in effective manner and can also assist in the positive outcomes. If someone gives feedback it should take into positive way as it enhances the working pattern in effective way. It is very essential that if you are receiving the feedback it should take into positive way and should be listened actively. The person who is receiving the feedback can actively ask open questions so that the person can take corrective steps in effective way.
c. The supervision and peer support can help to enhance the self-awareness by giving counselling that can enhance the effectiveness in the working pattern. By giving proper training the skills can be developed in effective manner and by effective supervision goals and objectives can be achieved efficiently. It helps to develop and enhance the skills of the people who have received guidance under the supervisor. The supervisor ensures that proper training is given to the people and they expect positive outcomes from them. By skills are developed by the training which is received from the supervisor.
d. There are many people who belong from different background. So it is very essential to know about the culture and background of the people. To develop the culture and background of the people it is essential to have the knowledge about every culture. The knowledge can be taken by reading the novels and also by making research on a particular culture. It is very important to know about the cultural and social abilities of the people. The practice can be improved in effective way by analysing it in effective manner. The skills can be enhanced by having the knowledge of different culture. By having the knowledge to the people it can enhance the understanding and also help to assist the people by analysing their mindset