You will be implementing this program across a five (5) day period.
Your chosen format will be individual, but a successful program format will reflect the following attributes:
During your work with children and their families, you will establish links with community services and other support agencies to support children in terms of inclusive practice principles and additional needs.
This task requires you to compile a contact support list of agencies and websites to assist in adapting the curriculum and service environment to promote inclusion and support for children who may have a barrier to learning or an additional need.
‘These are children who require or will benefit from specific considerations or adaptations and who:
- are Aboriginals or Torres Strait Islanders
- are recent arrivals in Australia
- have a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- live in isolated geographic locations
- are experiencing difficult family circumstances or stress
- are at risk of abuse or neglect
- are experiencing language and communication difficulties
- have a diagnosed disability—physical, sensory, intellectual or autism spectrum disorder
- have a medical or health condition
- demonstrate challenging behaviours and behavioural or psychological disorders
- have developmental delays
- have learning difficulties
- are gifted or have special talents
- have other extra support needs.
It is important to note that: additional needs arise from different causes, and that causes require different responses any child may have additional needs from time to time.’ (p. 202)
This definition may be helpful to you in compiling your list, but you are NOT required to find examples for each of these points. Your data base should be specific to your service and give a useful description of agencies or websites that you could contact to provide strategies and support in terms of inclusive strategies and practices for the service, child and family.
Your information would include the name of the organisation, website, contact details and a brief description on how they could support your service regarding specific additional needs or other requirements.
There is no set number of agencies to list here, but between fifteen-twenty (15-20) would be useful and hopefully provide you and a Children’s Service with a current and useable list of associated Early Childhood professionals who can support the child, service and families.
This is the end of the Assessment. Please submit ALL tasks now for marking.
I have completed:
- Task 1: My personal philosophy on Early Childhood Education and Care
- Task 2: a) Provided the example format within my assessment
- b) Provided one other curriculum program format
- c) Analysed both in accordance with given criteria
- d) Created a curriculum program format for use on work placement
- Task 3: Complied a service support and information contact list.