The aim of the Broadway bookshop’s information system is to develop an automated system to remove manual system. The new system must be able to reduce paper works and maintain customer’s details as well supplier details, transaction details and book details with genre.
Objective sets out the guidelines for the project. Some goals are to be set up in prior to the start of the project. The objectives of the projects are:
- To identify all the system requirements for Broadway bookshop.
- To identify the main processes and maintain a suitable database.
- To identity the method for deadline detail.
- Develop an information system that would address the existing system of Broadway bookshop and thereby increasing performance and system reliability.
The major concern of Broadway Book shop is to develop a system that binds all its books, customers, publishers and transactions in a suitable and systematic manner. The reason to develop a system is to address a unique and specific needs of bookshop in absence of which they might have encountered problems of:
- Loss of customers and suppliers records
- Duplication of data in paper works
- Update in book price
- Error in entry of book request by customer
- Complexity of task handling by employees
- Problems with accounting
- Problems with keeping deadline detail
After analysing all the problems and issues a new system is to designed and developed using appropriate development model as stated by Valacich, George & Hoffer, (2006). Every system is a unique and needs to be specific and as well requirements are never ending, I have decided to use prototyping model to develop the system.
According to Valacich, George & Hoffer (2006) prototyping is a system development approach which is designing and building a scaled down but working version of the desired system. A new prototype system of the bookshop can be developed and then user can use the system. If user requires any changes they can communicate to the developer.