This portfolio item requires you to write about Critical Thinking. The document should have two parts.Write approximately 200 words describing why you need to be a critical thinker. You should refer to study, work and personal life. You should include your definition of the term critical thinking.
Explain why it is important for ICT professionals to be critical thinkers. You need to provide at least three (3) relevant unique points in your discussion. This should be approximately 250 words.
- Your definition of the term Critical Thinking. Pleasenote that this is to be your definition; do NOT just quote from other sources. If you do use other sources to support your definition then you should acknowledge the reference using
- Statement about why you need to be a critical thinker - study, work and personal life.
Note: Some students may not have previous or current work experience. In that case, focus on your expectations in a future work scenario. Use ICT work experience if you have, otherwise, any work experience is accepted. First person is acceptable here as you are discussing your need to be a critical thinker.
- At least three (3) relevant unique points about the importance of ICT professionals being critical thinkers
Note: If you have current or previous ICT work experience, you may use examples from that for this section as well. However, the focus here and the examples have to be different from the previous section where you are discussing about ‘you’. This is a generic discussion. You should use third person perspective and examples here.
Conduct a Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats (SWOT) analysis of your presentation skills. An example can be found on page 16 of the prescribed textbook. The SWOT analysis should be presented in a square with four (4) quadrants or in a list as it is presented in the textbook. Each quadrant/section should have at least two (2) unique points. In addition to the SWOT analysis, you should outline some strategies to address one of the weaknesses that you identified in your presentation skills. That is, if you identified ‘fear of public speaking’ as a weakness then describe at least two strategies that you could use to overcome that weakness.
Create a document called ‘Successful Completion’ and write a reflective analysis that demonstrates you have satisfied all eight (8) course learning outcomes that are listed in the course profile for COIT20249 Professional Skills in ICT (they are listed below). In no more than two (2) A4 pages justify how the work you have completed this term has satisfied all eight (8) course learning outcomes. Please note it is important that you JUSTIFY that you have satisfied the course objectives do NOT just summarise the course content and/or assessment items OR define the course learning outcomes.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic principles and importance of effective interpersonal communication, active listening and reading for meaning.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills.
- Communicate ideas effectively both verbally and in written form using appropriate language.
- Create and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Argue the importance of ethics, codes of behaviour, and societal, privacy and legal issues within the ICT industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of common work practices and values operating in the Australian workplace.
- Assess how ICT can be used to improve organisational processes.
- Evaluate the application of emerging technologies to communication and collaboration.