1. Analyse a case study and identify issues associated with the business;
2. Develop and deploy the application in IBM Bluemix;
3. Evaluate existing and new functionalities to address business problems;
4. Prepare a document to report your activities using text and multimedia (for example screenshots, videos)
The report talks about a business case study, of a company called AB Pty. Ltd. It manages a product delivery business for the area Austin downtown, Texas, USA. This company looks like a small scale business as it contains only three trucks for making the delivery of the products. The products are delivered to the customers of the specified zone. The company is facing a problem in the delivery service which is supposed to be identified and resolved.
The objective of this report is to deliver a solution based on cloud application, for solving the problem of delayed delivery services carried out by the trucks in the company. The proposed solution will be produced to design and deploy the solution plan. The solution has to be selected from the provided recommendations of the business analyst (Sadulov and Indihar S?temberger, 2016).
IBM Bluemix provides support to several programming languages, services and integrated DevOps. The purpose of this includes, building, running, deploying and managing applications in the cloud.
The case study is identified to have problem in the management of the product deliveries, for its customers. The number of deliveries being delivered in a day is getting reduced drastically. Initially, the trucks could manage to complete 5deliveries each day but, now it can only manage to complete 3 deliveries each day. This is a risky problem for the company, if it fails to meet the deliveries, then the number of pending deliveries will increase and ultimately result in customer dissatisfaction.
1. Proposed Solution
Customer satisfaction as a major concern of this case study, the following requirements will have to be covered by the proposed solution:
- Smart application to track the truck’s movement.
- Management of the zones.
- Management of allotting the product deliveries.
- Crossing checking the completing of the assigned deliveries.
- Maintaining a communication with the drivers and the admin.
The proposed solution will use IBM Bluemix services to develop a smart vehicle tracking application. Geospatial Analytics service will be used, to help with identification the zones. The following features are included:
- The zones for the deliveries will be divided in terms of North, South, East and West.
- Total deliveries will be divided among the available trucks.
- The location of the trucks will be monitored throughout the product delivery.
- Whenever required, communication will be established with the truck drivers.
- Important notifications and alerts will also be shared among the administrator and the truck drivers.
- Uncertain situations will be tried to resolve soon.
The deployment plan includes the following:
Subsequently when the designing part has been done and finalized, the next step is testing. The test includes to communicate the truck driver and track the movement of the truck. To do this a command will be sent, using Set Property command. This command ensures to connect with the map applications. After the connection is established, the required changes to the properties of the applications can be made (Antonopoulos and Gillam, 2017).
AB Pty. Ltd.’s business case study has been analyzed by the business analyst and from the available solutions ICT Professional has selected a solution for the current problem. The issues relate to customer satisfaction and product delivery, using limited trucks. The business analysis’s investigation identifies that truck monitoring is required to manage the truck’s movement and tally with the deliveries. To accomplish solution a smart application is considered. To create the application IBM Bluemix is used. Thus, the report has produced the proposed plan for the same along with the required design plan and deployment plan. The outcome is a smart vehicle tracking system.
Antonopoulos, N. and Gillam, L. (2017). Cloud computing. Cham: Springer.
Sadulov, E. and Indihar S?temberger, M. (2016). Analysis of the IBM Bluemix platform in a cloud. Ljubljana: [E. Sadulov].