1. In order to help BMT management, define what information systems are and briefly explain how information systems are important to future operations at BMT. While answering this question, explore the different kinds of information systems that could be beneficial to any small business.
2. Identify and list the specific business and system problems faced by BMT and list these problems in order of priority.
3. What are the key information requirements of BMT? For each information requirement you have identified, discuss how this information would enhance or improve BMT competitive position.
4. Which specific information system(s) can help BMT in managing their business problems,making business decisions and fulfilling the information requirements identified in the previous question? Be specific in how they will help in these areas.
5. Explain how BMT could strategically utilise the Internet, intranet and extranet to engage with key stakeholders and fulfil communication and collaboration requirements.
6. “Change management” is an important concept to business organisations. How could BMT best manage the organisational changes that would occur with the implementation of the information systems changes you are proposing?
7. For various stakeholders at BMT, including its customers and employees, what are some of the possible security and ethical issues that may arise with the introduction of their information system? What could be done to resolve such issues?