Recently you have graduated from MQ University and started a job as an IT Consultant. One of clients is a Small to Medium sized Public Relations Company that has started up in Glebe, NSW.
The owner of the business has requested you to design the Network as best you see fit for the company (well on paper). The report you provide will be used to determine the validity of such a large expense for a new business.
Rebekah the owner, would like to see a business report explaining the functionality that we will have (justified).This should include a basic diagram depicting the network infrastructure layout/topology also.
Rebekah has provided you with the following information:
- Staff size at the moment is 50
- 20 of those staff will be on laptops (Windows & a few Macs)
- 20 of those staff will be on desktops (Windows based)
- 10 staff are BYOD (Bring your own device) machines also.
- There is 1 printer per floor.
- Server room is located on ground floor
- Building is 3 levels, with the need for staff to be able to be mobile and secure in the building.
- 3 board rooms equipped with Projectors and 75” OLED Televisions. (Essential for internet connectivity in these also)
- There is a requirement for network access for staff from remote locations, however this has raised concerns about security of data.
- Due to structural constraints 2 senior staff are unable to have physical data points in their offices, however they frequently transmit large files across the network.
- All staff must be able to use all printers
Your job is to research and think about how you will put together this network including a justification as to why you chose your layout for the business.