This strategy means the path an organization chooses to obtain the long term objectives. This Company takes customer feedback through social media and on-line surveys. This process helps to improve the customer experience. Secondly, continual development of course design and obstacles is another corporate strategy.
According to Schuler et al. (2014), this strategy helps to gain a competitive advantage over the rivals. This company use social media to put up advertisement and build communities. Social Media helps to exploit the most lucrative part of this event: the ability of the participants to proclaim courage, endurance and stamina.
Plan defining long term goals
Focuses on short term goals.
Strategy chalked out in Board room meetings.
On line survey is one such example.
Strategy is a plan defining actions to obtain long term goals. Various strategy of this company is on line activities, weekly meetings and from the very beginning making aware about the goals and motives of this Company.
Tactics: This focuses on the short term goals of the organizations. On line Survey is one such example.
4) Challenges and Opportunities
- a) Crowded market: The endurance sports market is filled with many competitors.
- b) Competitors using sophisticated design and strategy: Use of modern strategy and tools keep this company at edge. To succeed, this company has to spend a good amount in Surveys, Research and Development.
- c) Talent Acquisition: This is a real challenge for top players. Only candidates with own passion and values are to be recruited (Roos et al. 2013).
- a) Partnership: This Company partners with various agencies. Partnership helps to provide resources and capabilities and build market momentum.
- b) Expansion: This Company operates in a limited geographical area. It can expand geographically to other areas and create new market (Majano and County 2013). This Company mostly focuses on USA territory. Other geographical areas can be surveyed to explore new markets.
5) Socially Responsible Companies:
Tough Mudder is more of an adventure based company than a socially responsible company. This Company works in the Endurance sports area. Motive is not to create social awareness but to be a leader in the endurance sports sector. Profit making is a by default option without which the company cannot stay in the competition. This Company is ambitious and has long term plans (Mews 2014).
The Corporate Social Responsibility wing partners with the Wounded Warriors, supporting veterans injured in the war. This organization helps to reinforce this company endurance, toughness and competitiveness. US Army Reserve has sponsored eight tournaments.
After writing the answers it can be concluded that Tough Mudder is one of the important players in the endurance sports sector. The Company is facing tough competitions from other players. This company is working on to trap new opportunities and facing boldly new challenges. As this Company is favorite among Adrenaline – Junkies, Tough Mudder should live upto the expectations of them and re-invent continuously to stay at the top of the game.
Heidbuchel, H., Prior, D.L. and La Gerche, A., 2012. Ventricular arrhythmias associated with long-term endurance sports: what is the evidence?. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 46(Suppl 1), pp.i44-i50.
Majano, P. and County, M.C., 2013. Part 3: Festivals, Races and Events.Promotion of Tourism, Events and Trails in Northeast Michigan, p.75.
Mews, T. (2014). The 8 toughest races in the world. [online] Telegraph.co.uk. Available at: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/10648374/The-8-toughest-races-in-the-world.html [Accessed 22 Feb. 2016].
Roos, L., Taube, W., Brandt, M., Heyer, L. and Wyss, T., 2013. Monitoring of daily training load and training load responses in endurance sports: what do coaches want. Schweizerische Zeitschrift für Sportmedizin & Sporttraumatologie, 61(4).
Schüler, J., Wegner, M. and Knechtle, B., 2014. Implicit motives and basic need satisfaction in extreme endurance sports. J Sport Exerc Psychol,36(300), pp.2013-0191.
The Huffington Post, (2016). 10 Toughest Endurance Races in the World. [online] Available at: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/toughest-races_b_4123737.html?section=india [Accessed 22 Feb. 2016].
Tough Mudder, (2016). Tough Mudder. [online] Available at: https://toughmudder.com/ [Accessed 22 Feb. 2016].
Vlahos, J., 2014. Waist Deep in Mud: A Socio-Cultural Analysis of Tough Mudder (Doctoral dissertation, YORK UNIVERSITY, TORONTO)