What is it about
This topic deals with understanding the positive impact of motivation in the minds of individuals. This topic has been taken into consideration as positive motivation has a crucial role to play in the development mindset of individuals and in that manner help them perform better. This topic would explain how the individuals gain positive motivation and how it enhances their life.
This paper has chosen the topic related to the positive motivation and its impact on the individuals in order to have an idea about how positive impact can influence the individuals in improving their lifestyle as well as enhance their daily life and reduce their level of stress. This paper has even tried to discover the factors that can improve the motivation of an individual.
General research questions
The questions that have been constructed are in accordance to find out the precise answers from the respondents with respect to the topic that has been taken into consideration. The questions that have been constructed comprises of the demographic questions that asks about the questions related to the respondent. The next set of questions comprises of the questions that are related to the topic that has been taken into consideration. All the questions have been close ended questions and thereby have motivated the respondents to answer freely as it helps in maintaining the secrecy of information. There have been a total of nine questions that have been asked to the respondents and a total of 100 respondents have answered the questions.
The research method refers to the process that has been undertaken in order to gather the data and the process that has been taken in order to collect and analyse the data. This paper has undertaken a descriptive research design as this process aids in explaining the answers in a detailed manner. The paper has even taken help of the deductive approach as this research has been an ongoing process and is not a new topic of research. The respondents selected have been from the students of DKIT and questionnaires have been forwarded to the students with the help of which the answers from the respondents have been answered. The paper has collected the data with the help of random sampling.
This section of the paper tries to analyse the questions that have been answered by the respondents. Each of the questions have been given as follows:
Answer to Question No 1
This question asks about the gender of the respondents who have been selected for this research. It is seen that 52% of the respondents are female and the rest of 48% respondents are male. This indicates that the respondents are female dominant.
Answer to Question No 2
The next question has looked to answer the current position of the participants. It has been observed that 72% of the respondents are students, 23% of them are employees and the rest of the respondents comprising of 5% are in the others section.
Answer to Question No 3
This question asks that whether motivation is important in the work and college of the respondents and it is seen that 99 respondents have answered this question and 1 of them has skipped the question. The results indicate that 81.82% of the respondents strongly agree to this statement and on the other hand 18.18% agree to this statement. None of the respondents have disagreed or strongly disagreed stating that motivation is significant in colleges and workplaces.
Answer to Question No 4
This question has tried to answer that whether individuals get motivated in their college and workplaces and 70% of the respondents strongly agree to this question and 29% of the participants agree to this statement. Only 1% of the respondent disagrees to this question. This explains that motivation play a key role in the mind of the individuals in colleges and work.
Answer to Question No 5
This question tries to answer that whether lack motivation leads to stress in colleges and workplaces. The results indicate that 60% of them agree to this statement and 25% strongly agree to this question. On the other hand, handful of 13% disagrees to this question and only 2% strongly disagree. This indicates that there is presence of stress when motivation is inadequate.
Answer to Question No 6
This question tries to gain knowledge about the factors that has an effect ability to function in work and colleges and it has been observed that the respondents feel that 38% feel that lack of control is the key factor. 29% feel that challenges play a crucial role. 19% of the respondents feel that recognition is a big factor and 14% of the participants feel that competition is a key factor. It can be concluded that lack of control is the main factor even though the other factors have certain amount of importance as well.
Answer to Question No 7
This question has tried to find out the factor that will motivate the individuals to function on the workplace and colleges and it is seen that 38% feel that financial rewards motivate the individuals. 26% feel satisfaction is the key factor for motivation. 19% of the respondents feel promotion and grades are another factor as well and 17% of them feels future security is another factor.
Answer to Question No 8
This question answers the level of satisfaction one is with their position and it is seen that 52% are somewhat satisfied. 20% are very satisfied, 15% are very dissatisfied and the rest of 13% are dissatisfied. This explains that most of the participants are kind of satisfied with their position.
Answer to Question No 9
This question looks to answer that whether the teacher or the manager values the respondents and it has been observed that 75% say yes that their teachers and managers value them and 25% say no and say that they are not valued by their managers and teachers.
The end result of the paper explains that motivation is key factor that is helpful in the positive development of the individuals that reduces their stress in the workplace and colleges and has even explained that there are various factors that have an influence on positive motivation. Therefore, positive motivation enhances the lifestyle of the individuals and in that manner enhances their level performance that leads to recognition and rise in value in the eyes of the managers and teachers.
Liew, T. W., & Su-Mae, T. (2016). The effects of positive and negative mood on cognition and motivation in multimedia learning environment. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 19(2), 104.
Rode, J., Gómez-Baggethun, E., & Krause, T. (2015). Motivation crowding by economic incentives in conservation policy: A review of the empirical evidence. Ecological Economics, 117, 270-282.
Seligman, M. E., & Csikszentmihalyi, M. (2014). Positive psychology: An introduction. In Flow and the foundations of positive psychology (pp. 279-298). Springer Netherlands.
Shepherd, D. A. (2015). Party On! A call for entrepreneurship research that is more interactive, activity based, cognitively hot, compassionate, and prosocial.