You have been working as an airport security specialist for a multi-national company providing airport planning & operation services worldwide, and have been tasked to:
- Conduct a comprehensive study on the management of aviation security incidents.
- Prepare a detAnswer:ailed breakdown of the threats and controls using the Bowtie Analysis method.
You are required to carry out the following tasks:
- This is an individual project and you will need to choose one aviationsecurity incident that occurred in the last 20 years. (eg 9/11 attacks in US)
- Based on your knowledge from Aviation Safety Management, conduct a comprehensive Bowtie Analysis for the identified security incident with the following details:
- Aviation Security Incident
- Threats (Potential Causes) c. Existing Control Measures
- Vulnerabilities (Loss of Control/Susceptibility that triggered the threats)
- Risks (Likelihood of a given threat triggering or exploiting aparticular vulnerability)
- Immediate Recovery Measures
- Passenger Screening
- Baggage Screening
- Preventive Control Measures
- Access Control
- Perimeter Security
- Collate all your analysis on an online mind-mapping tool as an online portfolio to impress your company’s prospective clients. See Annex B for the required information and C for the example.