1. Is my thesis focused? Do I state it well? Is it explicit or implicit? Which of the two do I wish it to be?
2. Am I using the right sort of argument to argue my thesis? Does my strategy fit my subject matter and audience?
3. Do I include enough evidence to support my thesis? Do I acknowledge opposing viewpoints in a way that strengthens my argument?
4. Have I chosen an appropriate organizational pattern that makes it easy to support my thesis?
5. Have I avoided faulty reasoning within my piece?
6. Is my conclusion forceful and effective? Is my opening fitting and engaging?
7. Have I thought about or attempted to combine other rhetorical strategies to strengthen my argument?