Task 1: Observation methods
In this section you need to evaluate the following observation methods:
- Event sample
- Time sample
- Narrative / free description
- Target child
- Child Tracker /movement record
Make sure you cover each method. For this you should:
- Describe the method and evaluate its positive and negative points and
- Evaluate its usefulness when used for making assessment and gathering evidence for the EYFS learner profile.
Task 2: Professional practice
In this section you need to:
- Define the terms objectivityand subjectivity.
- Evaluate the reasons for objectivity when recording observations. (To evaluate make sure you look at the reasons why you need to be objective (the positives of objectivity) but also look at how sometimes you may need to gather information from elsewhere so that you can make reliable assessments).
- Evaluate the requirement for confidentiality during observation process. (To evaluate make sure you look at the importance (positive)of confidentiality and why it needs to be maintained, as well as considering why sometimes information needs to be shared and the negative impact of not sharing information when it needs to be passed on).