This topic has been selected as it focuses on a careers & skills development that can be related to the subject that you are intending to study on your degree as well as being an important topic in its own right.
For this assignment you will need to write a report which will be in three parts, each with a separate heading:
1. An introduction to the topic and a summary of the approach to skills development in the case study and identification of the benefits of the scheme for the organisation itself and the workers involved.
2. A ‘findings’ section in which you will present an overview of the approach you have used to find and gather information relating to career & skills development within the organisation. State the topic clearly and then summarise what you have found out, referencing it clearly using an appropriate (to your subject) referencing system. As far as possible you should try to include a variety of sources (not just web pages).
What you are aiming for here is to identify what has been done/ said in related areas and to present this in a structured way, identifying any similarities or differences between sources.. Suggestions for topics might be:
- Examples of training programmes used by organisations related to your degree subject
- Other examples of the use of education/training to improve the career prospects of employees within the organisation
- Career development programmes used within the organisation to further the career of employees irrespective of their job title
3. Write a conclusion that pulls together the main threads of your topic and compile a list of references using an appropriate (to your subject) referencing system. this does not include your list of references)