Understand how to plan and provide environments and services that support children and young people’s health and safety.
Using a school’s health and safety policy / procedure, respond in detailed answers and how health and safety is monitored in the school.
1. Explain how health and safety risk assessments are monitored and reviewed / In the context of your school & teaching environment.
2. Undertake a health and safety risk assessment in own work setting or service illustrating how its implementation will reduce risk. Show with your Placement Diary.
Understand how to support children and young people to assess and manage risk for themselves.
1. Explain why it is important to take a balanced approach to risk management.
2. Explain the dilemma between the rights & choices of children and young people and health and safety requirements: reading closely from your prescribed text please also explain in detail what you will do to support learners to assess their own danger & take risks within the teaching and education setting.
3. Give examples from own practise of supporting children and young people and health and safety requirements.
Understand appropriate responses to accidents, incidents emergencies and illness in work settings and off site visits.
1. Explain the policies and procedures of the (school) setting or service in response to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness.
2. Identify the correct procedures for recording and reporting accidents, incidents, injuries, signs of illness and other emergencies. Examples can be accessed in school.