Provide a brief description of this organisation and the industry to which it belongs. You may also want to include in this description any mission statements, value statements or ‘slogans’ that this organisation utilizes to communicate its purpose. In describing this organisation, please also identify its orientation towards marketing and provide relevant, detailed and factual supporting evidence to substantiate why you have identified this specific orientation. Finally, include a brief description of the product(s) this organisation offers the market. And comment on what role the brand has in this organisation’s marketing strategy.
Analyse each of the 5Cs for this organisation:
- Company – what are the strengths and key resources, what are some of the weaknesses? What are the opportunities and threats?
- Customers – who is the company serving and what type of behaviour is ‘typical’ from them?
- Collaborators – describe their suppliers, distributors or other partners that help the company to deliver their products to the market? If company doesn’t have any – explain why it is not necessary.
- Competitors – who are the current main competitors, are there any potential new threats or new entrants to the marketplace?
- Context – what other factors affect this organisation (e.g., legal, political, technological, etc.)?
How does the firm go about collecting information (e.g., market research, market intelligence, etc.) about the 5Cs? For example, how does it learn about?
- What customers want?
- Which competitors pose a threat?
- How the context of business is changing, if at all?
- What role collaborators play in the process?
Issue 4: Developing marketing strategy
Based on the market analyses, outline potential market segments that are available to the chosen organisation.
Recommend and justify:
- a choice of target market(/s)
- a value proposition for the target market(/s).
- a positioning statement for the target market(/s).
Issue 5: Developing marketing tactics
Recommend and justify a detailed marketing mix (4-7Ps) to support the marketing strategy described in Issue 4.
In all cases, please remember to justify your argument(s) in this assignment by explaining and providing reasoned arguments for why you have formed your views. Please ensure that you support your arguments by explicitly applying and drawing insights and conclusions from relevant marketing models, concepts and theory covered in the course to date. Do not simply rely on offering personal conjecture or opinions.