This written assignment asks you to review, summarise and apply the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) Legislated Registration Standards.
Using sub headings summarise in your own words each of the following Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) Legislated Registration Standards. Explain how these standards relate to your future practice as an Enrolled Nurse.
- Registration standard: Continuous Professional Development
- Registration standard: Criminal History
- Registration standard: English Language
- Registration standard: Professional Indemnity
- Registration standard: Recency of Practice
Using the following sub headings you are to provide a written analysis of the scenario provided.
- Your immediate actions.
- Your identified learning needs (e.g. what specific skills and knowledge do you need to review to safely perform the skill).
- The learning activities (educational opportunities) you need to undertake to perform the skill successfully in the future.
It is now ten weeks since you started your new position as a Graduate Enrolled Nurse in a major metropolitan hospital. You are currently working within an acute medical ward and have been asked to replace and insert a nasogastric tube that has become blocked. You have not performed or witnessed this skill since your Integrated Skills Lab class at Holmesglen.
Explain how you will proceed using the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia’s (NMBA) standards and Decision Making Framework.
Ensure you include a brief introduction and conclusion.