Students are to prepare a Wine Tourism Development Report for a global wine region of their choice.
This report will assess the effectiveness of the wine regions current operations and propose how to diversify their wine tourism product base. Students will also provide recommendations for the future sustainability of the region.
As a minimum the following topics will need to be covered;
- A summary of the current state of the wine tourism industry in your region – for example the size and development level of the tourism industry there, number of wineries etc.
- A SWOT analysis for wine tourism in your region
- The incentives/ attraction factors for tourism e.g. any special events or festivals, unique attractions?
- Who are the main stakeholders in your region? What part do they play in wine tourism there?
- Do they currently have a clustering/collaborative arrangement in place with other wineries and/or the tourism industry?
If yes, please explain the workings of this arrangement, if there is no arrangement, propose how this could work in your regionAddressing what you have identified in the SWOT – please detail what the region could do to ensure competitiveness and aim for sustainability
Your recommendations (4) to boost/retain wine tourism in the area