Internal recruitment of organization and its benefits and drawbacks
Every business organization is looking for new employees who are well efficient and provide a competitive advantage to the organization. In several cases, organizations are recruiting from the internal sections. Internal employees are the main source of promotion in such cases. This is a recruitment process that analyzes or emphasis over the company employees and shows utmost trust to their employees as they are the source of new talent that comes in the company as a new recruitment (Breaugh, 2017). There are certain advantage and drawbacks of internal recruitment.
- This is a smaller pool form where high caliber candidates are being chosen for the company.
- This is the most cost-efficient way of recruitment.
- The organization can understand the potential of an employee and their performance in an adverse situation, thus it makes sense to build trust over the employee.
- Employees, those are being under the Reward and Recognition Section Company provides special treatment to them. When are addressing some new candidate company has same expectation from that candidate as well.
- Internal recruitment always motivates the other staffs who are not promoted for this time.
- External recruitment always brings new ideas which will become stagnant due to internal recruitment.
- Sometimes promotions are in a process of taking the position when an employee retires, so after getting a certain age all employees will be promoted to the next step and it is a "dead chain roll" for the organization.
- New innovative ideas are not coming as the internal recruitment has not made such scopes to the organization.
1. Effectiveness of methods
Relative effectiveness of the organization depends on the employees' selection and recruitment process. The effectiveness will improve as the efficient man management has to do with the company human resource team (Imran et al. 2014). Employees have to be committed to the organization as well as they have to serve some responsibilities to provide proper effectiveness to the organization.
2. Reason behind the methods
The key methods of recruitments are based on some strategic implementation by the company. Organization website is one of the media where job seekers are getting to know about the job. There are some social sites from their people know the requirement of that job and prepare themselves for the interview. Employee referral is another process of recruitment and this is an internal recruitment process where referral form the company employees are provided. These three sections of recruitment have a difference in several means where organization website provide the actual news regarding employment however other social sites are under the recruitment methods make a channel to reach in this organization which is a via the process (Javaid et al. 2014). Employee referral is a direct process although where organization employees are providing another one for the development of the company.
3. Future selection and procedure
There is some revised company policy regarding recruitment where the company know their requirement and allocate those employees who are perfectly matched this profile (Ekwoaba, Ikeije & Ufoma, 2015). So, there is some cost-effective and strategic enhancement has noticed in the organization that can change the dimension off recruitment and selection of new employees.
Breaugh, J. A. (2017). to Recruitment. The Wiley Blackwell Handbook of the Psychology of Recruitment, Selection and Employee Retention, 12.
Ekwoaba, J. O., Ikeije, U. U., & Ufoma, N. (2015). The impact of recruitment and selection criteria on organizational performance. Global Journal of Human Resource Management, 3(2), 22-23.
Imran, R. M., Ijaz, M. F., Sajid, M., & Malla, D. (2014). A study on the effectiveness of recruitment and selection procedure of 1122. International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, 4(1), 339.
Javaid, H. B., Qayyum, U., Hashmi, E. N., Asif, A., Farees, A. A., & Sultan, F. (2014, March). Statistical Analysis On The Role Of Gpa, Qualifications And Skill Sets In The Recruitment And Selection Of An Applicant (Graduate) . In 12th International Conference (p. 279).