You are a member of the network planning team, and need to write a formal business management report to explain your solutions and recommendations about the future network infrastructure for Cookie Co.
Your target audience is executive business people, who have extensive business experience but limited ICT knowledge. They would like to be informed as to how your solutions may be beneficial to their business. Therefore, the report needs to recommend the telecommunications and networking technologies to be used in terms of business benefit. You may need to compare your recommendation with other available technologies.
1. Network Infrastructure
1) Network convergence and unified communications
2) LAN types and cabling plan for the head office and branches
3) WAN connection for the head office and branches
4) Transmission media and connecting devices
5) IP and DNS management
2. Networked Services
Propose to deploy 4 types of network services. Candidates can be, but not limited to, VOIP, WWW, Intranet, Extranet, Email, and Web Services.
3. Data Processing Facilities
1) 3.1 Data storage solution. Candidates can be, but not limited to, data centre, SAN, Cloud, and distributed database.
2) 3.2 Data processing model. Candidates can be, but not limited to, C/S and P2P.
When you provide solutions to each topic, remember to explain their benefits to some of the following items:
The collaborations between the head office and branches
The operation of the business
The satisfaction of customers