Provide a brief description on the following:
- Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Internet Area Network (IAN)
- Wireless Wide Area Network
- Low Power Wide Area Network
- Wide area file services
- Wide area application services
1. Why is there a need for Network Translation Address(NAT)?
2. Describe the following types of cables and provide two examples for each
a. Straight-through cable
b. Crossover cable
c. Roll-over cable
3. Describe the seven layers of OSI model.
4. What is MAC address?
5. What is the largest WAN in the world?
Answer the following questions
- Draw the normal telephone diagram and explain how does it work.
- Draw the DSL diagram and explain how does it work.
- What is cable Internet and how does it work?
- What is point-to-point protocol (PPP)?
- Define frame relay.
- Describe VPN. What is it? How does it work?
- How does DHCP work?
- Describe Network Address Translation. What is it? How does it work?
- What is IPV4? IPV6?
- What is ACL and what is its purpose?