To help you pick a topic suitable for the coursework, first, consider choosing a scenario type from the options below
Analysis and critical evaluation of current e-business strategy and activities. (There must already be some significant e-business activity.)
- You decide how to carry out the appraisal, using your own selection or those techniques taught on the module.
Proposal and justification for a systems architecture to support e-business. (The organisation must have little or no significant e-business activity now).
- Summarise the applications that are needed.
- Outline their interfaces with each other, and any necessary standards.
- Explain how the applications differ from current systems.
- Identify the benefits and how they will be measured.
A migration plan to develop e-business capability from scratch. (The organisation must have little or no significant e-business activity now.)
- Identify impacts on the organisation and changes to infrastructure.
- Identify major benefits, with suggestions for how to measure them.
- Identify major risks, with strategies to avoid or minimise them.
High level design for a completely new e-business application. (Must be relevant to the needs of the organisation and not closely based on any existing system.)
- Explain the need and justify the design decisions in a brief report.
- Design to include systems architecture, functional requirements, technical interface requirements, data storage requirements and sample user interfaces.
- May consist mainly of diagrams and models.
Proposal and justification for an e-business strategy. (The organisation must have little or no significant e-business activity now.)
- Outline the strategy and summarise the main changes expected in the organisation.
- Implementation plan should show how the changes will be achieved.
- Identify the benefits and explain how they can be measured.