Discuss about the Influence of Environmental Customer.
The customers of the restaurants are mainly composed of people who are from various economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and have their own preferences in choosing their restaurants. These different attributes help the customers in having their own preferences over the restaurants. The criteria on which the customers select their restaurants have to be analyzed in a proper manner by the restaurateurs so that it can help them in attracting more number of customers (Taylor & Aday, 2016).
The quality of service that is provided within the restaurants are linked with the satisfaction of the customers in a direct manner, which helps in maintaining the chain of profits for the restaurants. Better quality of service by the employees help in achieving higher level of satisfaction from the customers, which further results in high patronage and generation of revenue for the restaurants as well. The quality of service that is provided by the restaurants help them in gaining a competitive edge over the rival organizations, as most of the customers will prefer in choosing the good restaurants over the other ones (Li, Ye & Law, 2013).
The quality of the food is another factor that influences the selection of the restaurant by the customers. The taste of the food along with the choice of the ingredients has an important role in the choice of the restaurants by the customers (Shani et al., 2014). The menus that are provided by the restaurants are developed in a new manner on a frequent basis so that the customers can change their choices, which will help in changing the taste patterns of the customers. This will also help in increasing the frequency of the customers of coming in to the restaurant (Ye et al., 2014). This will help the managers and the employees of the restaurants in understanding the quality of food that will influence the customers in selecting their restaurants. Apart from this, the customers feel superior if the restaurants have a better ambience along with good décor, which will help them in suiting their needs. These factors help in gaining the satisfaction of the customers, which will help the restaurants in providing better services to the customers (Shani et al., 2014).
The primary purpose of the research is to identify the popularity of the customers in eating out at the restaurants that offer a formal service to the customers. Recently, it can be seen that there has been an increase in the rate of growth in the influx of the customers in the restaurants. It can be seen that the major attributes for this is the change in the taste and preference of the customers in their eating habits and in trying out different cuisines so that they can be explored in a better way (Jani & Han, 2014).
- What are the attributes that has helped in determining the choices of restaurants by the customers?
- What are the services that are provided by the hotels so that the customers can be satisfied?
The income or the profit of the restaurants depend on the level of loyalty that the customers have on them so that the products and services that are being offered by them can be patronized and is consistent for the future. The satisfaction that is derived by the customers along with the patronage is some of the major indicators that help the restaurants in reviewing their performance (Tan, Hussain & Murali, 2014). Apart from these, the system that is oriented towards decisions and experiential are also associated with the performance of the restaurants. It can be further noted that the impact on the satisfaction level of the consumers also creates an impact on the purchasing pattern so that the expectation of the customers related to the hotel can be maximized (Jani & Han, 2015).
Dimensions of quality service in restaurants
The quality of service in a restaurant is mainly dependent on three basic dimensions, which are service, atmosphere and hygiene (Manhas & Tukamushaba, 2015). It is seen that the customers may find the restaurant very attractive if these dimensions or attributes are met in a proper manner. The factor of hygiene has to be maintained so that it can help the customers in getting a better ambience when they enter the restaurant for the first time (Jani & Han, 2014). The factor of hygiene will help the customers in becoming regular towards the restaurant, as they will get attracted towards the restaurant if the atmosphere provided by them maintains a hygienic atmosphere in the restaurant. The service that is provided by the restaurant will help in ensuring that the level of satisfaction among the customers can be met in a proper manner (Singh et al., 2017).
The menu and the price that is being offered by the restaurant have to be competitive so that they can attract the customers towards themselves. This will help the restaurants in increasing their profits, which will help in generating better revenues. The menu that will be provided by the restaurant will help in defining the cuisine that the restaurant wants to serve to its customers. This will help the restaurants in defining their cuisines and the interested customers will target these restaurants for their choice of food (Albayrak & Caber, 2015).
The quality of service is dependent on two variables that is the actual outcome and the perception of the final result by the consumer (Shani et al., 2014). The quality of service is a phenomenon that is tremendously increasing in the restaurant so that it can be measured and evaluated. It is a function that helps in analyzing the result between the performance and the expectation of the customers (Yap, 2015). It is also one of the effective methods that will help in managing the processes of business and ensure that the satisfaction among the customers is high so that the employees in the restaurant can get motivated in serving the organization in a better way (Kim & Brymer, 2016).
Quality of the product
It is one of the primary attributes that will help in satisfying the demands and the needs of the customers. The main product that the customers want to have a look in to is the quality of the food that is being processed by the organization. This will help the restaurant in attracting more number of customers. It can be seen that there exists a positive relationship between the quality of the food and the level of satisfaction that is derived by the customers after it is consumed. This is one of the primary factors, which along with the other attributes will help the customers in deriving satisfaction by the customer (Manhas & Tukamushaba, 2015).
It is a variable that can be considered as monetary, sacrifice that the customers do so that they can gain the best quality of service from the organization. The pricing of the products helps in understanding the core values of the restaurants so that it can help in setting up the prices in an effective manner for the customers. It will also act as a measurement through which the expense on certain products and services can be evaluated, which will help in changing the attitude of the consumers towards the product (Kim & Brymer, 2016).
Increasing the Customer Retention Rate in the Restaurant
The attraction of new importance is important is key to the success of the restaurant business (Yap, 2015). The management of the eatery houses tries to increase their brand image to the customers by offering them a variety of products and quality services. Some of the steps taken by the different restaurants include;
- Outstanding service provided to the customers- As mentioned earlier in this particular research providing an outstanding service to the individuals, creating a great ambience providing exclusive food items at an affordable price is utmost important for the restaurant to retain the customers of the organization (Han & Hyun, 2017). The management of the restaurant has to make sure that the customers feel special every time they visit the restaurant. The quality, quantity of the food, service quality and the star ratings are many such factors that determine the service of the restaurant to the customers. The prompt response of the orders, an ideal waiter to table ratio helps the company to provide ultimate service to the customers and gain and retain their loyalty.
- Establishing a great personal Relationship- The management of the restaurant maintains a great personal relationship with the customers of the restaurant both loyal and trusted customers as well as new range of customers (Jani & Han, 2014). Welcoming the customers by greeting them with a smile helps to lift off the initial tension from both the customers as well as the restaurant workers. The customers feel at home if the waiters or other workers in the restaurant remember their names and also know the favorite cuisine that they like the most (Yap, 2015).
- Effective Customer Relationship Management- The integration of the latest CRM software’s in the management of the business helps the business to retain the customers and engage with them in a proper way (Yap, 2015). The CRM software comprise a large number of database that consists the different information related to the contact details, birthdays, anniversaries or any other special days of the customer. The restaurant may offer special discount to the particular member to make them loyal and trusted customers.
- Creating a customer Feedback- Customer Feedback is one of the main elements of operating a successful hospitality business (Jani & Han, 2014). A restaurant must have a proper customer feedback program that helps to ensure the choice of the consumers over a product or a particular service, the feedback on the necessary changes that needs to be taken care of by the management and many more as such. Apart from the uses of the restaurant itself the feedback makes the customers feel valued about themselves (Shani et al., 2014). The feedback program helps the organization to immediately solve customer disputes according to the demands of the customers.
- Online Marketing- Globalization has pushed the limits of every products and services. The presence of online platforms as well as social media platforms that provide a large range of advertisement for the products and services of the restaurant. The users can also post their reviews in the online sites about the service quality and the food quality of the particular restaurant (Han & Hyun, 2017). The restaurant management can send a SMS or send an e mail to the user who might have stopped visiting the restaurant and requesting him to come to the restaurant. The email can be provided a personal touch by providing some special discounts on the final bill to the old and loyal customers.
- Organizing events- Hosting different events can be of much help as because the events help the organization to attract a large number of customers who are interested in different cultural events like music and dancing. Stand up comedies, exotic dances, magic shows are quite enjoyed by the organizations (Jani & Han, 2014).
The researcher has been able to meet the aims and objective of the research. The thorough analysis of the report will provide the readers with the glimpse of the management of the restaurant in the market and its literary works that will be useful for any future research on this particular topic. The thorough analysis of the report will be helpful for a glimpse into the management of the restaurant and its policies by which it retains customers. The research that has been done in the following piece of report is very much important as because the particular topic was unexplored since a long time. The future researchers will now find it easy to refer to this particular work.
Albayrak, T., & Caber, M. (2015). Prioritisation of the hotel attributes according to their influence on satisfaction: A comparison of two techniques. Tourism Management, 46, 43-50.
Han, H., & Hyun, S. S. (2017). Impact of hotel-restaurant image and quality of physical-environment, service, and food on satisfaction and intention. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 63, 82-92.
Jani, D., & Han, H. (2014). Personality, satisfaction, image, ambience, and loyalty: Testing their relationships in the hotel industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 37, 11-20.
Jani, D., & Han, H. (2015). Influence of environmental stimuli on hotel customer emotional loyalty response: Testing the moderating effect of the big five personality factors. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 44, 48-57.
Khozaei, F., Nazem, G., Ramayah, T., & Naidu, S. (2016). Factors Predicting Travelers’ Satisfaction of Three to Five Star Hotels in Asia, an Online Review. International Journal of Research in Tourism and Hospitality, 2(2), 30-41.
Kim, W. G., Li, J. J., & Brymer, R. A. (2016). The impact of social media reviews on restaurant performance: The moderating role of excellence certificate. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 55, 41-51.
Li, H., Ye, Q., & Law, R. (2013). Determinants of customer satisfaction in the hotel industry: an application of online review analysis. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 18(7), 784-802.
Manhas, P. S., & Tukamushaba, E. K. (2015). Understanding service experience and its impact on brand image in hospitality sector. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 45, 77-87.
Rani, P. (2014). Factors influencing consumer behaviour. International journal of current research and academic review, 2(9), 52-61.
Rashid, I. M. A., Rani, M. J. A., Yusuf, B. N. M., & Shaari, M. S. (2015). The impact of service quality and customer satisfaction on customer's loyalty: evidence from fast food restaurant of malaysia. International Journal of Information, Business and Management, 7(4), 201.
Shani, A., Uriely, N., Reichel, A., & Ginsburg, L. (2014). Emotional labor in the hospitality industry: The influence of contextual factors. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 37, 150-158.
Singh, H., Saufi, R. A., Tasnim, R., & Hussin, M. (2017). The Relationship Between Employee Job Satisfaction, Perceived Customer Satisfaction, Service Quality, and Profitability in Luxury Hotels in Kuala Lumpur. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 10(1), 26-39.
Tan, A. L., Hussain, K., & Murali, S. (2014). Antecedents affecting employee service recovery performance in five star hotel (pp. 1-17). Australian Academy of Business and Social Sciences.
Taylor, D. C., & Aday, J. B. (2016). Consumer generated restaurant ratings: A preliminary look at OpenTable. com. Journal of New Business Ideas and Trends, 14(1), 14-23.
Yap, L. H. (2015). Factors influencing customer re-patronage behavior: The mediating effect of customer satisfaction (Doctoral dissertation, Universiti Utara Malaysia).
Ye, Q., Li, H., Wang, Z., & Law, R. (2014). The influence of hotel price on perceived service quality and value in e-tourism: an empirical investigation based on online traveler reviews. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 38(1), 23-39.