Analysis of the Literature Review Of Guzman Y Gomez
In its expansion plan. The business needs to put into consideration the various factors that could have an impact on the business.
The first idea is the changing in the form of business to make it a franchise.
The restaurant serves Mexican food and it has an eye for good customer relationship and service.
The mission of the company is to become a global leading restaurant chain specializing in Mexican dishe
The vision of GYG is to expand and reach customers both locally and abroad while fulfilling the needs of consumers and giving customers value for their money
Analysis of Competitors
The main competitors of GYG are the popular fast food joints such as MacDonald`s, Pizza Hut Australia, Subway and Yum restaurants Australia (Jou, 2017)
Thou MacDonald`s does not specialize in Mexican dishes, it is seen as the main competitors to GYG since they are both in the fast food industry and the products offered to customers are almost similar
- The global combined revenues of the companies in the fast food industry are over $570 billion.
- In the United States alone, the revenues were estimated to be slightly above $200 billion in the year 2015.
- The global fast food industry is expected to grow at a rate of 2.5% per year for the next five years.
- The consumers in this industry mainly focus on tastes, prices, and quality of products being offered.
- The Mexican food has been slowly eating into the market share of hamburgers which were the most popular fast food in the restaurant
Challenges Facing the Industry
- Perceptions of unhealthy menus
- Poor working relations and low wages. The workers in the fast-food restaurant are paid so poorly and this affects their morale.
- cultural degradation. The introduction of Taco Bell which is not real Mexican food.
- Stiff competition leading to drop in quality and prices of commodir
Trends in the Industry and Responses to the Challenges
- The consumer is also very considerate of the prices. This has prompted many of the industry players to come up with ways in which they can minimize costs in order to offer more competitive pricing.
- There has been a trend where consumers are so concerned about their health and what they eat.
- To deal with this challenge, many companies in this industry have introduced healthier foods such as salads and fruits.
- New micro franchising cuisines are becoming increasingly popular. This includes chicken and burger franchises as well as the Mexican and Chinese dishes franchises.
- This case study has been able to thoroughly review the literature review conducted on Guzman Y Gomez.
- The paper identifies and discusses the advantages and disadvantages of franchising to both the franchiser and the franchisee.
- In addition to this, the review helps to identify the important trends and factors that the company needs to understand when expanding to new countries.
- this report has an in depth analysis of McDonald`s which is the major competitor to Guzman Y Gomez
- Alon, i. (2012). Global franchising operations management: Cases in international and emerging markets operations. Upper saddle river, n.j., ft press/pearson.
- Allen, g., & albala, k. (2007). The business of food: Encyclopedia of the food and drink industries. Westport, conn, greenwood press.
- Best, a. L. (2017). Fast food kids: French fries, lunch lines, and social ties.
- Chan, s., & zakkour, m. (2014). China's super consumers: What 1 billion customers want and how to sell it to them.
- Dempster, l. (2010). The australian veg food guide 2010/2011. Brunswick, vic, aduki independent press.
- Hayes, d., & laudan, r. (2009). Food and nutrition. New york, marshall cavendish reference.
- Jou, c. (2017). Supersizing urban america how inner cities got fast food with government help. Chicago, united states, university of chicago press. Http://lib.myilibrary.com?Id=1003353.
- Gagnon, r., & gagnon, e. (2011). Appetite for acquisition: The we sell restaurants guide to sell a restaurant. Mustang, oklahoma, tate publishing & enterprises.
- Mcmurray, a., & clendon, j. (2011). Community health and wellness: Primary health care in practice. Chatswood, n.s.w., elsevier australia. Http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?Direct=true&scope=site&db=nlebk&db=nlabk&an=448468.
- Perritt, j., henry h. (2016). Employment law update 2016. [place of publication not identified], wolters kluwer law & bus.
- Pilcher, j. M. (2014). Planet taco a global history of mexican food. Cary, oxford university press, usa.