At the completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the process of research in the accounting environment.
- Critically evaluate and interpret research results and research reports.
- Demonstrate cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories in the accounting discipline.
- Describe, explain and select appropriate research technique/s for a chosen accounting research problem.
- Assess methodologies and choose an appropriate methodology for an identified research problem.
- Plan, execute, prepare and present a significant research report which communicates research findings.
The attribute is covered by theory and practice, and addressed by assessed activities in which students always play an active role, e.g. workshops, lab submissions, assignments, demonstrations, tests, examinations.
The attribute is covered by theory or practice, and addressed by assessed activities in which students mostly play an active role, e.g. workshops, lab submissions, assignments, interpreting documents, tests, examinations.
The attribute is discussed in theory or practice; it is addressed by assessed activities in which the students may play an active role, e.g. lectures and discussions, reading, interpretation, workshops, presentations.
The attribute is presented as a side issue in theory or practice; it is not specifically assessed, but it is addressed by activities such as lectures or tutorials
The attribute is not considered, there is no theory or practice or activities associated with this attribute.
The relevant material each week before coming to class. In addition, each student is expected to:
- Attend all scheduled lectures / tutorials and complete all prescribed work by the due date;
- Read all prescribed text references and other material referred to throughout the course;
- Actively participate via listening in lectures / completing prescribed course work / identifying areas requiring clarification and asking questions in classes to gain clarification.
- Consistently apply himself/herself to the course throughout the trimester.
- Working independently to complete the critical review of the literature