Case Study — Delivery disaster at Domino's Pizza
Brief overview of today's discussion on topic. Keeping in view today's discussion, please read the Case Application, "Delivery disaster at Domino's Pizza" "Management" by Robbins et al, 7th edition by Pearson Australia.
Beyond its being vulgar and disgusting, what do you thinkofthis situation from the perspective of managing communications?
Why do you think Domino's executives took a wait-and-see attitude? Why was this a problem?
How could this type of communication problem be prevented at other Domino's Pizza restaurants?
Do incidents like this and the possibility of them happening anywhere, anytime, mean that all torms of social media should be banned from workplaces? What are the implications for policies regarding communication technology? Discuss.
- Dominos issue was on the prank video done by two employees.
- Matter was that cheese which was used by Dominos was not hygienic.
- It was against the health code standard.
- The management of the Dominos was not successful in preventing the news which was spreading.
- The two employees were fired from the organisation.
How To Make Communication Effective
- Delay in communicating with people was the problem in Dominos.
- This problem can be overcome if communication is done at the right time.
- Do not make communication too big because too much of anything is not good (Kaho, 2018).
- Provide time to time feedback to your customers so that misunderstandings can remove.
Dominos Wait And See Attitude
- Aggression is not the way to stop something which is wrong.
- Executives of Dominos thought that leaked news will not be popular as it was before.
- But news spread like wild fire.
- Dominos reputation was damaged in few days.
How Communication Problem Can Be Prevented At Other Dominos Restaurants
Time to time interaction should be done so that misunderstandings on the behalf of employees can be removed.
Discussion regarding expectations from employees (Polevoi, 2017).
Create such communication policy that ensures time to time details regarding employees performance.
Social Media: Banned from workplaces?
Needs for social media to be banned from workplaces-
- Disturbance during working hours.
Decrease productivity of the work because they pay less attention when they indulge in social media.
- It spreads even a bad news very quickly which hampers the organisation reputation.
- The incident of video leaking by two employees puts major impact on Dominos reputation.
- In the event of video leak, social media spreads news very quickly that their wait and see attitude was failed.
- At the end, video proved to be conspiracy of two employees.
- This news has given people a little pause.
- Kaho, M. (2018). How to Increase Communication in the Workplace. Retrieved from: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/increase-communication-workplace-22775.html
- Polevoi, L. (2017). How to Avoid Miscommunication in Your Workplace. Retrieved from: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/r/employees/how-to-avoid-misCommunication-in-your-workplace/