Case Study — Delivery disaster at Domino's Pizza
Brief overview of today's discussion on topic. Keeping in view today's discussion, please read the Case Application, "Delivery disaster at Domino's Pizza" "Management" by Robbins et al, 7th edition by Pearson Australia.
Beyond its being vulgar and disgusting, what do you thinkofthis situation from the perspective of managing communications?
Why do you think Domino's executives took a wait-and-see attitude? Why was this a problem?
How could this type of communication problem be prevented at other Domino's Pizza restaurants?
Do incidents like this and the possibility of them happening anywhere, anytime, mean that all torms of social media should be banned from workplaces? What are the implications for policies regarding communication technology? Discuss.
- Dominos issue was on the prank video done by two employees.
- Matter was that cheese which was used by Dominos was not hygienic.
- It was against the health code standard.
- The management of the Dominos was not successful in preventing the news which was spreading.
- The two employees were fired from the organisation.
How To Make Communication Effective
- Delay in communicating with people was the problem in Dominos.
- This problem can be overcome if communication is done at the right time.
- Do not make communication too big because too much of anything is not good (Kaho, 2018).
- Provide time to time feedback to your customers so that misunderstandings can remove.
Dominos Wait And See Attitude
- Aggression is not the way to stop something which is wrong.
- Executives of Dominos thought that leaked news will not be popular as it was before.
- But news spread like wild fire.
- Dominos reputation was damaged in few days.
How Communication Problem Can Be Prevented At Other Dominos Restaurants
Time to time interaction should be done so that misunderstandings on the behalf of employees can be removed.
Discussion regarding expectations from employees (Polevoi, 2017).
Create such communication policy that ensures time to time details regarding employees performance.
Social Media: Banned from workplaces?
Needs for social media to be banned from workplaces-
- Disturbance during working hours.
Decrease productivity of the work because they pay less attention when they indulge in social media.
- It spreads even a bad news very quickly which hampers the organisation reputation.
- The incident of video leaking by two employees puts major impact on Dominos reputation.
- In the event of video leak, social media spreads news very quickly that their wait and see attitude was failed.
- At the end, video proved to be conspiracy of two employees.
- This news has given people a little pause.
- Kaho, M. (2018). How to Increase Communication in the Workplace. Retrieved from: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/increase-communication-workplace-22775.html
- Polevoi, L. (2017). How to Avoid Miscommunication in Your Workplace. Retrieved from: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/r/employees/how-to-avoid-misCommunication-in-your-workplace/
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
0 | Pages :
Data backup is the technique adopted by the organizations to archive data and store them in varied locations so that the data can be recovered in case of disaster. The disaster can create disruption; can lead to data loss or data theft. The data loss can occur via natural disasters like floods or earthquakes or fires. The loss of data can also occur by means of malware attack or system failure. Thus the organisations must...
0 | Pages :
A cyber attack comprises of the offensive activity faced bystates, nation, individuals and organizations in which there is an illegal attack on the computer systems for gaining access to confidential information (Raiyn 2014). It is usually being done by malicious acts that have its origin in an anonymous source that alters, steals and destroys particular targets by hacking or illegitimate entry. The cyber crime is a ...
Australia Glen Waverley Management Nursing University of Melbourne
0 | Pages :
Global management is the conceptual form of managing the international business functionalities that include recruitment, marketing, and capital resourcing. The technological advancements have been connecting the people worldwide. The organizations are taking advantage of the opportunity for conducting the business in the international countries. According to Li, Mobley & Kelly (2013), global management is associated with the...
Australia Huddersfield Management Business Global Management University of Sydney MBA
0 | Pages :
BBY Ltd is the chief operational unit of BBY group which is a financial service organization based in Sydney. The organization has a global presence with offices in Adelaide, Auckland, Brisbane, Gold Coast, London, Melbourne, New York, Perth and Wellington. The organization is also involvement in market participation with ASX, Chi-X and SSX and a prominent involvement with ASX in clearing and agreement accomplices. The BB...
Australia North Sydney Management master of HRM University of Sydney Masters in Business Administration
0 | Pages :
This is not new to anyone that the Qatar Airways have created a record in the aviation market. This particular airline brought out innovations and strategies that are attractive enough to pull many customers. They however proved to be better than the US airlines because they provide better service to the customers and they provided some new experiences to their customers which would turn out to be a new exploration for the...