Bring the mission vision and core values of any company you wish then according to that determine appropriate and professional knowledge, skills and behaviors you think it is required by HR professionals in that company.
Prudential Financial Inc. is an American Fortune Global 500 whose subordinate companies deals in products like insurance, funding and other financial services and products to serve individuals and clients in US and across other countries.
Prudential has its operations in many companies and has a wide distribution network.
To assist our fellowships achieve financial security and ease along with satisfaction and pleasure
Prudential is the most loved multinational financial services brand, protecting the wealth of the customers providing them with various financial tools
It is viable to know how the management carries out its activities, along with knowing what the company does. Below are few core values of Prudential:
- Building trust upon its customers
- Inclusive and Respectful
- Winning with Morality
The Human Resource and Talent Organization at Prudential Inc. focus on acquiring stable and successful individuals which will lead to the growth of the organization. The major function of this role is to help middle and upper level leaders to build strategies and support day to day activities carried out by the HR department (Cava 2013).
Skills and responsibilities of Human Resource Department
- Manage and organize existing Human resource policies
- Development and implementation of new strategies, policies and programs
- Clients business needs to be met collectively
- Handling employee performance, code of conduct and conflict of interest
- Support or lead HR related initiatives
- Supporting enterprise wide initiatives such as performance management, Employee engagement survey and development programmes.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- High degree of collaboration skills and leadership skills
- Highly influential and action oriented person
- Achieving recruiting and retention goals
- Training new finance professionals
- Setting high personal standards for performance
- Excellent time management skills(Smith 2014).
According to the upper case Analyze a completed personal skills audit to identify appropriate knowledge, skills and behaviors, and develop a professional development plan for a Tax and Regulatory Manager or Accounting manager role or any managerial role you chose in details.
The demand for regulatory affairs professionals is clearly visible across consultancy companies, regulatory affairs and research organizations. The essential skills and knowledge that are required for a Tax and Regulatory Manager are listed below:
- Accountable for minimizing tax liability
- Prepare and review tax calculations, partnering with country, legal business and operation terms, regional corporate finance
- Manage Tax compliance, investigate and research information related to groups
- Investigate current and deferred tax provision
- Look into Local & Regional Tax affairs
- Assure accurate filing of all corporate and personnel income tax and GST returns
- Co-ordination of Tax driven initiatives
- Furnish Internal Tax advisory services supporting the Group on Business related operations(Erasmus & Visser 2002).
- Degree in Commerce
- Experience in an accounting firm/ MNC handling Corporate Tax and GST
- Strong skills required in Corporate Tax
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Quick Worker with potential to work under stress
- Independent worker with minimal supervision
- Possess good business knowledge(Habib 2011).
According to the upper case provide a detailed professional skills audit that demonstrates evidence of personal reflection and evaluation for a Tax and Regulatory Manager or Accounting manager role or any managerial role you choose in details.
A skill audit is essential to determine or quantify the skills of an individual or a team. It basically determines the skills the organization currently has and what are its requirements. In other words in order to measure the training needs of a person or organization this process is carried out.
In the case stated above the following steps are involved:
- Development of skills i.e. handle bigger challenges and opportunities as per the company role
- To identify own areas of improvement
- Individual feedback to job holders on scrutiny of skill audit
- Training and development plans required by an individual
- Discussions on development issues
- Improving presentation skills, by working in a team
- Staying updated with market and policy changes that takes place
- Development in International Standards of Auditing
- Refer reading material on mentoring and coaching(Srinivasan 2015).
Produce a detailed and coherent professional development plan that appropriately sets out learning and development in relation to the learning cycle and achieving sustainable business performance objectives for a Tax and Regulatory Manager or Accounting manager role or any managerial role you chose in details.
A professional development plan registers the goal, skills required and accomplishments a staff member would need in order to enhance his career and upgrade level. The plan is created by the manager in order to identify the necessary skills and knowledge required by the employee to meet organizational objectives along with career enhancement. The steps involved in professional development plan are:
- Verify that leaders, managers and employees are familiar with the consequences of skill audit
- Implementation of Skill audit: It is very important for an organization to identify the skills it has today, the skills it will need tomorrow.
- Preparing a skill matrix, which supports the firm’s strategic objectives
A professional development plan is a must for an Accounts manager, to achieve career goals and advance their career. Effective professional development plans include the following key objectives:
- Sit for CPA/CA Exam
- Join a professional organization
- Obtain a master’s degree
- Attend Industry related seminars
- Find new clients
- Update your profile with minimum intervals
- Outline social media profiles(Bhattacharyya 2010).
Bhattacharyya, D 2010, Management Accounting.
Cava, R 2013, Human Resources At Its Best!: How to manage an HR Department.
Erasmus, P & Visser, C 2002, The Management of Public Finance: A Practical Guide, oxford.
Habib, A 2011, The Calculus of Finance.
Smith 2014, Smythe CPA, viewed 8 December 2014, <https://www.smythecpa.com/news-insights/roles-and-responsibilites-of-a-finance-department/>.
Srinivasan, A 2015, Guide to Tax Audit, Taxmann.
K, Mabaso.J, and Meyer.M. ETD practices in South Africa(Butterworths, 2001).
Barber J. 2004. Skill upgrading within informal training: lessons from the Indian auto mechanic
Aguinis H, Kraiger K, Benefits of training and development for Individuals and teams
Ziyard Rifka (FCMA, CGMA), Senior Manager, Tax & Regulatory, KPMG
Hall, P and Weaver, L.Interdisciplinary education and teamwork: a long and winding road. Medical Education. 2001
Grant, J and Stanton, F.(1999) The effectiveness of continuing professional