You are required to collect data in respect of EHR and doctors’ practices within Australia. Firstly obtain an understanding of how General Practice functions, the business context and the key processes. Then select an EHR vendor operating in Australia that supplies EHR system solutions to doctors’ practices. Establish the solutions they provide: functionality of systems, IT architecture, risk and security, costs and benefits, implementation strategy, vendor background information.
It may help you to structure your data collection like this: Problem space – requirements for a doctor’s practice
- What is the business context of a doctor’s practice? (what is the market like, what constraints are they under etc)
- What processes and services do they perform? For whom?
- What do they need?
- Who is a Vendor offering software solutions?
- What is their background?
- What functions do they offer?
- What is their architecture?
- What equipment do you need?
- What risks are there in implementation?
- What are the costs and benefits of the solutions?
- How will you proceed with the implementation project (roles and responsibilities?)
This is not a formal report, this is just the input data to the subsequent analysis and business case in Part 2. You may write up some of your data as a well-structured set of tables which contains the key data in a compact form.