1. Illustrate the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats (SWOT) facing this organization in relation to the strategic excellence planning?
2. Interpret the policy recommendations/implications for the future management strategies of this organization? Discuss.
1. Business managers often perform a SWOT analysis on their company to learn about the several strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. It is with the help of the framework that a firm tend to maximise capabilities and implement new strategies. Concerning Wellcare Infotech the organisation is being a rapidly growing enterprise enjoys a high range of brand image. As stated to Moonesar & Thibaud (2015), in addition to a highly skilled management team, the leading IT service and provider in Dubai possess a standardized delivery framework. Furthermore, as per the case study collaboration with global leaders provides Wellcare Infotech with a largely diversified IT infrastructure and high performance levels which further results to the growth of the enterprise. Despite of several strengths, elements like slow progression rates, revenue flush-out and inadaptability issues act as a hurdle to the development of the company. Moreover, a security breach also leads to downfall in trust and loyalty of the stakeholders.
In terms of opportunities, the diversification of services, demand boom, population growth and financial stability tend to be the most profitable. As per the case study, UAE also provides Wellcare Infotech with a vast range of resources, economical growth and automation processes (de Waal & Frijns, 2016). Being an IT oriented firm, the technological innovations greatly impress profits. On the contrary, the external threats also significantly affect progression of the company. The trading nation typically has an increased import-export ratio to GDP. In addition to the increased level of competition, presence of substitutes, rigid rules and business taxonomy structures, any instability in the political, economical and social factors affects the organisation.
1. Leading IT Organization
2. Increased Brand Value
3. Highly Skilled and Experienced Management
4. Standardized Delivery Framework
5. Global Firm Partnerships
6. Advanced IT Infrastructure
1. Development Issues
3. Slow Progression Rates
4. Revenue Containment
5. Security Breach
1. Diversification of Services
2. Population Boom
3. Demand Growth
4. Financial Stability
5. Availability of Resources
6. Economical Growth
7. Technology Innovations
1. Higher Imports and Export to GDP
2. Increased Market Competition
3. Governmental Rigid Regulations
4. Tax Laws
5. Fluctuating Employee and Customer Framework
6. Presence of Substitutes
Figure: SWOT Analysis
(Source: Wellcare Infotech L.L.C., 2016)
2. Analyzing the several integral aspect of Wellcare Infotect`s case study there are several recommendations that can be made concerning the future management strategies. In order to expand profitably in the domestic and international market, it is important that the company develop capabilities on a much larger scale. In addition to organizing activities and operations, the mangers need to develop individuality. A growth on the competitive nature in the external environmental has lead to a production of low costing substitutes; a focus on differentiation strategy is highly suggested for the company.
Further, in terms of achievement of goals and objectives, the firm needs to work in an organised and collaboration with employees and partners. Not only does the firm need to achieve adaptability goals but also target development of the worker groups as well. According to Bridson & Evans (2016), a creation of skill improvement and educational initiatives will help the staff members to develop abilities and hence raise performance bars. Moreover, a consideration of social and cultural trends of the stakeholders is also recommended to secure interests and provide the most efficient services to the people thereby heightening satisfaction levels.
Lastly, delegation of authority, setting of intervention levels and a much more importance of decision making policies are also suggested for Wellcare Infotech. It is noted that a frequent fluctuation of the external environment would greatly affect business growth (Gounaris & Siampos, 2015). A proper allocation of tasks based on the delegated responsibilities will help in a better functioning of the taskforce. Additionally, a limitation in intervention by political, economical and even collaborators would lead to retention of customers. A focus on developing international relation with countries like India and Switzerland would also lend a hand towards expanding processes.
Bridson, K. C., & Evans, J. (2016). Brand compass: charting a course to improve firm performance. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 1-14.
de Waal, A. A., & Frijns, M. (2016). The influence of the UAE context on management practice in UAE business. International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, 9(2).
Gounaris, S., & Siampos, A. (2015). Market and entrepreneurial orientation's effect on organisational performance through marketing capabilities.
Moonesar, I. A., & Thibaud, L. (2015). Research and development in Dubai–Impression et Enregistrement des Résultats (IER): cross-cultural management. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 5(3), 1-21.
Wellcare Infotech L.L.C. (2016). Wellcareinfo.com. Retrieved 28 November 2016, from https://wellcareinfo.com/