1. As per the case, perform the necessary financial ratio analysis of the Milroy Manufacturing organization. Be sure to labor your ratios as to what the ratio is and what group of ratios (i.e. profitability, liquidity, solvency, etc.) it belongs to. Note that a Dupont analysis is one of the required ratios.
2. Be sure to show your calculations.
3. Ensure that your analysis includes a trend analysis of the key ratios as well as a comparison to the industry averages that are provided.
4. In preparing the strengths and weaknesses, do not simply state that a ratio is higher or lower than the industry average but connect it to possible reasons for the variance, relevant other ratios, etc. This case is about integrating what we have learned not simply about calculating the ratio and stating the obvious.
5. If you feel it is important, state and clarify your assumptions.
6. At the end of the day, the question is whether you as the financial analyst would recommend buying the stock that has come available or if you would not make this recommendation. Be sure to support your answer.