You have recently gained a position as a junior marketing assistant within an organisation. Your boss (the marketing manager) has asked you to review the marketing environment in which the firm operates, to identify target markets for your offer and to describe how the product is positioned within the market.
You are required to include the following areas:
- An introduction of your selected company and specific offer.
- An analysis of the marketing environment in which your firm operates, to be supported with evidence.
- Identification of a target market for your specific offer.
- The use of segment variables to describe your target market. Justification of your selection and the appropriateness of your target segment for the selected offer.
Assignment Cover Sheets: Major Assignment
- Work submitted for assessment must be accompanied by a completed copy of the Monash College Cover Sheet which has been signed by the student. NO assignment will be accepted or marked if it is not accompanied by a fully completed and signed Monash College Assignment Cover Sheet.
If the assignment is submitted with an incomplete or unsigned Monash College Assignment Cover Sheet, it will be deemed as late and incur late penalties until the cover sheet is filled in correctly.
- A marking criteria sheet for each assignment is available. This must be attached to your assignment after the Monash College Assignment Cover Sheet.
You are required to demonstrate that you can write in an effective manner, that you understand basic marketing concepts and that you have the ability to appropriately apply theory to practice. To demonstrate your ability to apply theory to practice you must illustrate your answer with a specific offer and specific target segment that is available in the country in which you are studying from one of the following scenarios.
- Wearable Technology e.g. Apple Watch, Fitbit, Samsung Gear
- Boxed Chocolates e.g. Guylian, Ferrero, Cadbury, Lindt
- Food Delivery Providers e.g. Ubereats, Foodora, Deliveroo
Introduction, including statement of purpose and the introduction of firm and product.
Identification and analysis of significant Micro environment actors.
Identification and analysis of significant Macro environment forces.
Clear identification of a target market. 5 Description of the target segment, including their defining characteristics and their needs and wants in relation to the product category.
Illustration and discussion with evidence of a positioning map.