Working in groups of three (one group of four), answer the following questions for your assigned social media tool. Present your findings in a classroom presentation.
What is it? (Application background - include type, use, and available corporate information on ownership of the social media application or where it originated, what is the Alexa.com global ranking?) Note: You may have to contact the developers.
Sell management on the tool. Why should we (public relations and business) want to or should use this application – for either reaching audiences or as an evaluation tool?
- How can we use it?
- Why does it work for PR or business?
- Are others using it?
- Can it be used or cross promoted with other social media tools?
- What are the pros and cons?
Now that you’ve sold management on the tool, pick a real organization (any one will do).
- What social media tools can you determine they are currently using?
- Could you recommend they integrate your assigned social media tool into their existing strategies? If yes, how? If no, why not?
- Presentation can be Web based or PowerPoint based (or combination)
- Presentations should last no more than 10-15 minutes and allowing for five minutes of questions (15 minute maximum)