In this assignment, for communicating the launch of Pure Gym’s youth gyms, there is the requirement for creating a communication plan that will be discussing in what way the promotional mix theory will be getting used for deciding on selection. Then a description relating to the target audience as well as an explanation regarding the key messages of the communications needs to be provided.
Communication Plan of Pure Gym
1) The promotional mix contains activities like advertising, public relation, personal selling and sales promotion.
Pure gym promotes itself using BTL activities like various promotional events within the gyms. The gym provides discount coupons, vouchers, member loyalty cards and tailor made work out experience to promote itself in the market.
Advertising –The Pure Gym can advertise itself for communicating the opening of gym for youths in Popular TV channel like BBC and ITV. Newspaper advertisements and advertisements in hoardings should be used near schools, colleges, universities and popular streets.
Sales Promotion- Gyms for youth can be promoted online using social media platforms like Youtube, Facebook, Twitter .Youths can be given vouchers using voucher.com, Groupon etc. Special member loyalty cards can be issued for the youths. Youths should be eligible to accumulate redeemable points in these cards and discount coupons, promotional codes for membership should be given to youths (Armstrong et al. 2015).
Public Relation and personal selling- Pure Gym can attract youths by providing them personal trainers at gym. These trainers will offer free classes to youths and guide them in their fitness journey. In store promotional events like modeling contests, games etc can be provided to youths.
2) The target audience is the youths of the United Kingdom. The response sought is to attract youths in the Pure Gym. The youth gyms should be well equipped with equipments tailor made to suit the body types of youths. The age group of 13-19 years goes through puberty and experience major physical changes. So a specialized diet chart, light weight equipments and more cardio will help kids to grow in height and weight.
3) The chosen channel for promoting Youths Gym will be digital platform using the gym’s website, an app for youth gym members which will have tailor-made fitness videos to motivate youths. Pure gym can promote itself in Facebook , Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, gaming channels(Cassola et al. 2014).
4) Communications key messages will be a Free Training day for Youths of the United Kingdom where a landing page will be created on website of Pure Gym. Non-members of youth community can sign in using their Facebook, Twitter or email account to receive one-to-one free session with trainer. Communication message will also be contest like “The fittest youth of the month” and pictures of the fittest youth will be shared along with his trainer in social media.
5) Attention- Attention of youths can be draws using attractive ads in Facebook Page about the gym like Advertisements with catchy headlines like “The fittest youth of the month” or “Free one-to-one training session for youths,”
Interest- Once the attention of youth is grabbed; they will click the ads which will land them to website of the pure gym where interests of youths can be achieved by attractive contents and blogs about achieving fit body and the personalized free session (Rawal 2013).
Desire-The desire to achieve the fittest body of the month will be instilled among the youths using one-to-one session concept and students discount concept (Wijaya 2015).
Action- The youths of the gym will be take action to enroll in the gym to avail discounts and free session
7) Feedback will be collected in-house in the gym. Feedback forms will be available online in gyms website, apps, Facebook page, Twitter account etc.
For the launch of the youth gyms that will be targeting the younger generation, Pure Gym did the formulation of a communication plan that included the promotional mix comprising of activities such as advertising, public relation, personal selling as well as sales promotion. The target audience is the youths of the United Kingdom. The selected channel for promoting gyms for youth will be a digital platform using the website of the gym, an app for youth gym members that will be having tailor-made fitness videos towards the motivation of the youths.
Armstrong, G., Kotler, P., Harker, M. and Brennan, R., 2015. Marketing: an introduction. Pearson Education.
Cassola, F., Paredes, H., Fonseca, B., Martins, P., Ala, S., Cardoso, F., de Carvalho, F. and Morgado, L., 2014, September. Online-Gym: multiuser virtual gymnasium using RINIONS and multiple Kinect devices. In Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications (VS-GAMES), 2014 6th International Conference on (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
Rawal, P., 2013. AIDA Marketing Communication Model: Stimulating a purchase decision in the minds of the consumers through a linear progression of steps. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research in Social & Management Sciences, 1(1), pp.37-44.
Wijaya, B.S., 2015. The development of hierarchy of effects model in advertising. International Research Journal of Business Studies, 5(1).