You will need to write a 2-page memo and make PowerPoint slides regarding your informative presentation. Also, write a one-page script of what you are going to say for your introduction, body, and conclusion. The deadline is on Monday, September 24, 2018 at 10:00 am.
Your presentation has to be within 5 minutes linking somewhat to your memo. You have to write about only one Canadian company to talk about for the business topic.
Informative Presentation and Memo Topic:
Work life balance is an important topic in your business. Your manager has asked you to provide information on the initiatives or strategies you will incorporate to improve work life balance within your Canadian company.
Informative presentation means that you will give information to the audience which they need to know. Have 3 key bullet points per slide; have relevant pictures on slides linked to the topic (don’t put pictures on slides for no reason). The slides need to be consistent and have no grammar/spelling mistakes. Do not forget to include at least one reference in APA format style (do not use/refer any DOIs nor books). Also, do not plagiarize your work.
For the memo, the second page needs a heading, needs to be fully justified, and use block format. Also, there is no salutation nor close and subject line is required.
The Presentation Process
- Identify Purpose and Goal
- Inform– what does audience need to know?
- Persuade/ Entertain – sell something, provide motivation
- Appeal to emotions – relevant, not exaggerated
- Build goodwill - develop positive rapport / mutual understanding
- What you want the audience to know or do as they leave the presentation
- A clear goal helps develop presentation points
- Analyze the Audience
- Demographic factors: age, why are we here? Etc.
- Corporate factors (values, culture, expectations, hierarchy): success
- Knowledge: know your audience’s level
Good evening, I am ___, the People manager of Shopify. I would like to discuss the following agenda points with respect to the essentials of a work life balance in an organization and analyze the strategies that might be adopted by the different members to ensure that they are able to foster a sense of balance in the life of the different employees. Work life balance simply means that the organization is required to maintain a balance with respect to the working hours an employee spends in an organization and that have an outside pursuit as well so that they lead a healthy and happy life.
Having discussed in brief about the meaning of work life balance, I will be discussing the strategies with respect to this which will help the firm to engage in the surety of a work life balance for its employees. These strategies are as follows:
- Providing work from home facilities
The different employees who are working in at Shopify need to be provided with a facility of work from home as it shall have various benefits like:
- Saved time from commuting which shall save costs as well. Moreover, in the past five years 40% of the employees have been offering work from home (com, 2018).
- It shall bring about an increase in the productivity which shall then allow better work. According to statistics, two-thirds of the employees believe that when work from home is provided, productivity increases. Hence, the work from home option shall be a good one for the employees.
- It will help in improving the retention rate of the organization.
- Providing additional perks
In case the company is able to provide additional perks to the employees, they will successfully be able to ensure that their employees get encouraged and shall implement the following:
- Providing gym membership and other fitness help to the employees
- Help them to aid medical as well as which shall save their costs. co (2018), states that that when the employees are provided with additional perks, their performance improves considerably.
- This contributes towards an improved overall performance of the employees. In relation to this, 60% of the employers in the USA feel that additional benefits improve performance.
- Indulging in team building activities
The team building activities will then motivate the employees to contribute to the workplace in a better manner by:
- It helps in fostering creativity as it is believed by 20% of the employees that indulging in team building activities, help to improve the performance of the employees and give rise to creativity (com, 2018).
- It helps in boosting the employee morale.
- Lastly, helps in initiating positive bonding between the employees. Just like the firms in USA believe that the better bonded employees work together in a better manner as a team Workplace.care.com, 2018).
Therefore, once Shopify is able to adopt these strategies of providing work from home facilities, additional perks and team building activities, then they will be able to ensure better performance.