1. This time, name a quick service restaurant (i.e., fast food) in which you have great amount of familiarity/knowledge and for which you will answer all of the marketing strategy questions.
The company is Chick-fil-a
2. What is the basic business philosophy and corporate/business strategy of the company that provides this service? Describe how this service fits with the corporate philosophy and corporate strategy.
3. Explain this service sustainable competitive advantage and why you believe this is a sustainable competitive advantage. Discuss how this service can be used to expand the business and what corporate growth strategy should be used by the company and why.
4. Conduct a Porter Five Forces analysis on the above mentioned service. For each of the five forces, discuss at least 2-3 factors that affect your service. Based on this analysis, what recommendations would you make to the CEO? (Hint: You do not explain the forces; you need to analyze/apply them.)
5. Who is the target market for the service? Why do you believe this? What should be a future market segment and why? For this future market segment, what strategy should be used and why? Be specific.
6. Identify the market position that this service has. (Hint: market position is NOT size or share. One way to help you answer this question is to discuss what comes to the consumers minds when they are asked about the service.) Discuss the market strategy that should be used relative to the position identified. Does the company use this strategy? Make sure to provide specific examples. How effective is this position for your service? Discuss the potential effect of repositioning the service and what the company would need to do to reposition the service.
7. What is the market share for this service? Is market share expected to grow, decline, or remain the same? Why? Based on the service stage of the PLC, explain strategies the company can use to increase share gains. Discuss the implications to the company to obtain an increase in share. Will the return on the investment be worth it? Why or why not?
8. Identify 2-3 challengers (competitors) of this service. If you were a consultant for the challenger, what strategy would you recommend to gain share over this service? For each challenger, is the best strategy being used? Why or why not? How would you counter this strategy if you were the decision maker regarding the service you identified in question 1? Why do you think this strategy would be the best? Provide specific examples.
9. Interpret syndication of information as the use of social media. Describe how social media is used for your service (i.e., identify and explain the various tools used for service promotion and brand building for your service). Is the current strategy being used the best one? Why or why not? What recommendations would you make to use/change how social media is used advantageously for your service? Has your service had to deal with counteracting negative social media? If so, explain how the company did this. If not, what recommendations would you make if a negative message was posted on social media about your service? Explain and provide recommendations for change