Assessment Instructions Presentation Title: 'Evaluate the pros & cons of the Service Culture of any service company'
1. You may choose any company in any service sector (hospitality, travel, retail, health, finance, telecommunications etc.)
2. You may NOT choose any of the following companies, which have been used extensively in lectures & tutorials: Zappos, Virgin, Atlassian, Maple Event Group, Google
3. You must include a company 'Fact Sheet' slide, similar to the ones used in the lecture.
4. Students can choose whatever PowerPoint template they want, and should include visuals to bring their presentation to life.
5. Recorded commentary must not go over 5 mins, and students should pay special attention to pacing the information on the slide to the verbal commentary (i.e. use bullet point actions to bring up your points one by one).
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Fact Sheet Royal Hospital Melbourne
It was founded in 1846
The exact founder is not known and it was founded by some like minded people in the Victorian period. (The Royal Melbourne Hospital | Victoria's first hospital and continues today to provide medical care to the people of Victoria. 2018)
The headquarters are located in Melbourne.
- The main value of the RMH is to make sure that the sickest in the community.
- Right from the era of the Victorians, the major aim of RMH is to provide aid to the ones that are in utter need (Alvesson & Sveningsson, 2015).
- There is also this provision that people can select their option f staying either in a private or in a public hospital.
- This also helps in looking after the affordability and the financial condition of the patients.
- Customer service is also one of their major advantage (Jokubaitis et al., 2016).
RMH is one of the well known hospitals of Australia and they are a part of the Australian health acre system. So, any patient who is covered under the scheme of the medicare arrangements can get the treatment from this hospital.
Customer service is one of the significant areas of their focus. They involve their patients in each of their decisions and make sure that they are involving the patients in their decisions.
Pros and Conso of Service Culture
It is a great opportunity to work at the RMH as they believe in using a huge research and development process. (Jokubaitis et al.,2016)
They give their employees a huge scope for learning.
They give treatment to the mental patients (Barbera 2014).
There is a huge work pressure and that can create a tension among the employees.
They are the largest health care unit providing assistance to the patients of mental disorder. They also use the Doherthy institute to provide proper training and guidance to the employees in the field of immunity and disease. They provide their doctors and other employees a good assistance about the different fields like HIV, Hepatitis, AIDS and other such areas.
However there are also some disadvantages of working in a hospital There can are a very tough competition from the other leading hospitals and at the same time, there can be a huge load of work as well. However the organization makes sure that they are giving their clients the best possible service so that they can have many loyal customers as well.
They emphasize a lot upon the customer relationship and are more than happy to assist their customers whenever in need.
- First in Care, Research and Learning .
- The above is the vision that this company abides by. Their main motif is t make sure that they are taking proper care of each and every patient (Mendis, Davis & Norrving, 2015).
- They also encourage learning
- They believe engaging in a wide variety of research and development so that they can carry on their services properly (Barbera, 2014).
They want to develop a strong leadership within their company. This will help them to strengthen their position and to provide their services in a suitable manner. At the same time they are also very much affectionate towards their employees. They celebrate the achievements by providing them the you make a difference award. Their purpose is to provide the best services to their patients, so they are also very careful about the affordability and the ability of their patient. It is for this reason that they are a part of the Australian health system and they abide by all the rules and regulations. Anyone who is a part of this can seek treatment in this hospital. The patients are given the best possible treatment with the advanced technology.
RMH keeps on updating themselves so that they can get the idea of the best and modern usage of medical science and can treat their patients in the best possible way.
Working at Royal Melbourne Hospital
The royal Melbourne hospital is a good place to work and to grow in knowledge. There is a feeling of unity and integrity among all. It is because of this unity that all the employees cooperate with each and other and can flourish in their career. They take care of the interest of their employees and also stay true to their commitment of serving the society.
So, it can be concluded that RMH is really doing a wonderful job in providing proper care to the patients and the sick people in the community.
Alvesson, M. (Ed.). (2016). Organizational culture. Sage.
Alvesson, M., & Sveningsson, S. (2015). Changing organizational culture: Cultural change work in progress. Routledge.
Barbera, K. M. (2014). The Oxford handbook of organizational climate and culture. Oxford University Press.
Jokubaitis, V. G., Spelman, T., Kalincik, T., Lorscheider, J., Havrdova, E., Horakova, D., ... & Grammond, P. (2016). Predictors of long?term disability accrual in relapse?onset multiple sclerosis. Annals of neurology, 80(1), 89-100.
Mendis, S., Davis, S., & Norrving, B. (2015). Organizational update: the world health organization global status report on noncommunicable diseases 2014; one more landmark step in the combat against stroke and vascular disease. Stroke, 46(5), e121-e122.
The Royal Melbourne Hospital | Victoria's first hospital and continues today to provide medical care to the people of Victoria. (2018). Thermh.org.au.