1. Managers must have a clear idea of what group behavior is in any organization because from the organizational context the most essential concepts are groupthink and group behavior because they ascertain the cohesiveness as well as coherence of the culture and communication of the organization. If the managers lack the communication where they can clearly state the objectives and policies of the organization to their employees then they will not be able to participate completely. Therefore, shaping the group behavior is important for the managers. Moreover, group behavior requires to be fixed in organizations because the employees need to follow the rules and regulations that run the company (De Board, 2014). Uniformity as well as consistency is required in every organizational group behavior and this has to be done by the managers and to do these the must have the clear concept of group behavior. It is one of the responsibilities of the managers to encourage groupthink and group behavior so that cohesiveness is established in the organization. On the other hand, group behaviors can be damaging as well towards the organization if the managers themselves are not aware with this concept. Group behavior makes the employees bonded with their colleagues and thus, assures that they give their best to their job. Thus, it is on the managers as well as human resource department to keep a check that group behavior comes up with positive outcomes in the organization. However, every organization needs a balanced and shaped group behavior so that it can influence the employee’s creativity without sacrificing the cohesiveness and coherence of the organization (Metcalf & Benn, 2013).
2. The factors that are to be considered while creating a research and developmental (R & D) team within an organization are as follows-
- The team member must constitute having analytical minds because they need to analyze different factors for pursuing a research. They must have the capability where they can see bigger picture as well as scrutinize the details of the work they have to do.
- Another factor is the capability of the team to stay calm. There will be deadlines as well as several issues related to research and development, which will in turn create stressful situations. Thus, the team composition should be such where the team members can stay more focused and logical at those times.
- Intelligence is another essential factor needed to be considered when building an R & D team because the team needs to critically evaluate most of the researches for which common sense is necessary (Richey & Klein, 2014).
However, if a problem solving team has to be put together with that of R & D then definitely there would be few added factors like-
- Team members must have a flexible mindset where they can broaden their thinking and explore new options.
- They must have good communication skills so that they can easily connect with people and quickly find appropriate solutions.
- Problems should be like challenges for the problem solving team where they can not only solve them but also learn from them (van Aken, Berends & Van, 2012).
De Board, R. (2014). The psychoanalysis of organizations: A psychoanalytic approach to behaviour in groups and organizations. Routledge.
Metcalf, L., & Benn, S. (2013). Leadership for sustainability: An evolution of leadership ability. Journal of Business Ethics, 112(3), 369-384.
Richey, R. C., & Klein, J. D. (2014). Design and development research: Methods, strategies, and issues. Routledge.
van Aken, J., Berends, H., & Van der Bij, H. (2012). Problem solving in organizations: A methodological handbook for business and management students. Cambridge University Press.