Step out of Amritas role and answer the following:
1. Do you foci that the measures taken to implement the corporate values and reorganize work in the financial services center have been appropriate?
2. Would you have done anything differently?
1. The measures that has been taken by Amrita in order to implement corporate values and recognizing work in the financial services centre is appropriate in nature. The different techniques that has been applied and implemented by Amrita in her section of work is appreciable in nature as she tried to change different kind of techniques by providing the new description of the job to all the employees as she thought this will help in providing clear view to the employees about the tasks that has to be performed by them. She mainly concentrated on providing proper importance on team leaders on understanding empowerment as well as different means of sharing knowledge that will help in making team more effective in nature (Soltani, 2014). The team leaders of the different groups in the section that has been dealt by Amrita were properly trying to follow the approaches.
Furthermore, Amrita suggested that she will be devoting some time with different team leaders as this will provide brief insight on the works of the individuals and this will help her in promoting corporate values as well. By observing the work of each and every team member, Amrita will be aware about the different tasks performed by them as well. According to Amrita, empowerment is essential in nature as this will help in analyzing the issues clearly and suggest different other techniques to promote the corporate values as well. She tried delegating the tasks between the different group members along with the team leaders as this helped her in making analysis on the job reports that were sent to her by the different leaders of the team.
2. There can be few other methods that can be followed by me in place of Amrita that are as follows:
- Proper delegation of task is essential in nature as this will help in listening to the employees in the organization. This will help in providing proper view on the opinions provided by the employees in the organization (Wiewiora et al., 2013)
- Proper transparency is required as this will help in collaboration and this will not lead to isolation as well. The team leaders as well as the employees of the organization has to communicate freely as this will help in providing brief insight on the different tasks that are performed by them (Guiso, Sapienza & Zingales, 2015)
- Proper feedback is required to be provided by the team leaders at regular intervals as this will help in understanding the grievances of the employees. The team leaders need to analysis the different difficulties as this will help them in understanding the issues and provide proper feedback as well
- Proper informal learning can be implemented as this will help in focusing on teamwork as well as collaboration. The informal learning will help in creating opportunities for both team leaders as well as the group members in the organization to put their views forward and discuss the issues faced by both the parties without much hesitation (Baumgartner, 2014).
- Lastly, proper reward system can be implemented as this will help in providing employees a sense of appreciation for the different tasks performed by them and this will provide proper maintenance of the organizational culture. This will even provide proper longevity to the culture of the entire organization and this will build recognition rich culture as well.
Baumgartner, R. J. (2014). Managing corporate sustainability and CSR: A conceptual framework combining values, strategies and instruments contributing to sustainable development. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 21(5), 258-271.
Guiso, L., Sapienza, P., & Zingales, L. (2015). The value of corporate culture. Journal of Financial Economics, 117(1), 60-76.
Soltani, B. (2014). The anatomy of corporate fraud: A comparative analysis of high profile American and European corporate scandals. Journal of Business Ethics, 120(2), 251-274.
Wiewiora, A., Trigunarsyah, B., Murphy, G., & Coffey, V. (2013). Organizational culture and willingness to share knowledge: A competing values perspective in Australian context. International Journal of Project Management, 31(8), 1163-1174.