Who is Deloitte?
• Deloitte provides clients with financial and business advice aiming to help the organisations to become extremely efficient and ultimately make more money.
• Deloitte is appointed as an advisor when the own team does not have the required skills or the experience required for example audit.
• Deloitte has two departments dealing with specific issues.
• The aim of Deloitte is to make sure that they can utilize their knowledge and skill to provide clients with world class.
• In the last five years, the role of CIO has changed . Earlier, CIA was responsible for centralized control and command but now the need of the hour is that CIO needs to integrate its team into business operations to develop good quality and different services and products cheap and fast. However, the roles are unclear and constantly shifting.
• The CIO needs to become the champion of experimentation and innovation to regain its position. The Information Technology today is more distributed ,virtual and agile. If these shifts in technology are resisted then the relevance of CIO n an organization will reduce drastically (Walker and Fisman 2015).
• The CIO shared its concern that the consolidation in the data center is slow as the legacy applications cannot be migrated at present due to the extent and volume of the version and issues related to maintenance.
• The aging workforce also limits the ability of the individual agency to apply modernization report internally.
• In the computing technology, legacy system can be defined as an outdated technology. The term simply means it needs replacement (Warren 2012).
Threats of legacy system
• Maintenance of legacy infrastructure is a troublesome task. Older versions of systems and other software are prone to malware.
• Other issues include systems that are difficult to patch or upgrading the customized system from the scratch which is an expensive task (Serrano, Hernantes and Gallardo 2014).
• Legacy technology is both a hindrance to innovation and a security issue. Silver Tsunami-The aging workforce.
• The Silver Tsunami also refereed to as the aging workforce is related to a phenomenon in the United States where the average age of the workforce in United Nations has witnessed a rise (Tishman, Van Looy and Bruyère 2012).
It has been projected that by 2020, 25% of the US work force will comprose of older workers(55<). This has many short-term and long-term threats, affecting many areas, including U.S technology and economy.
Implications Of The Problem:
On the Economy: It has been predicted that there will be a shortage of workers as this gap between labor needed and labour available will expand in future. The retirement of the aging workforce could further expand the gap.
On Occupational Safety And Health:
Older people are at the threat of injuries occuring due to long working hours as there a shortage of young talent and all the pressure is on the older generation (Shultz and Adams 2012).
How can Deloitte help?
• Deloitte`s business advisory team offers one stop solution to clients by offering them wide variety of customized solutions to improve their business and overcome their problems.
•They have six sets of solutions:
• Finance function resourcing and outsourcing
• Accounting advisory services • One stop liaison service to support local business start-ups
• Specialized services to financial institutions
• Global IFRS and offerings services (GIOS)
• Real estate advisory services
Deloitte Can Help By:
Application management can help CIO and this could go a long way as the system is compelling, justified and in high demand if properly aligned with agency need. To help derive efficiency Deloitte can help to optimize, tune and update various aspects of the organization like Customer Relationship Management (Deloitte Consulting and Deloitte 2014), Enterprise resource planning , Human resource, financial and supply chain management application. Popular solutions are:
By collaborating with Deloitte:
The organizational agency can:
1) Keep up with the evolving security landscape Deloitte shall help the agency in keeping up with the evolving security scenario.
2) Drive the digital transformation Deloitte services shall assist the agency to strive towards a transformation.
3) Win the talent war. The services offered will also help in retaining best talent and hiring new.
4) Get a handle on (growing) data It shall help the agency on handling data and maintain a uniform data base.
5) Become an innovation centerIt shall help the agency in not only adopting but also becoming an innovation centre.
Connect with us
• The best way to discover more about Deloitte is to get in touch with us directly. There are many ways you can do this.
Meet us face-to-face at one of the numerous events we host across the country - you’ll find a full list of these at www.deloitte.co.us
2. People profiles
Visit www.deloitte.co.us to hear directly from employees at all levels within the firm.
3. Buddy Scheme
This scheme puts you in touch with people in the area of business you’re interested in and gives you a chance to ask any questions you might have prior to your application. For more information, visit www.deloitte.co.us
4. Social media
Deloitte Consulting, L.L.P. and by Deloitte, B., 2014. Global Human Capital Trends 2014:
Engaging the 21st Century Workforce.
Deloitte UnitedStates.,2017.Deloitte US|Audit, consulting, advisory, and tax services. [online] Available at: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en.html [Accessed 19 Nov. 2017].
Heidkamp, M., Mabe, W. and DeGraaf, B., 2012. The public workforce system: Serving older job seekers and the disability implications of an aging workforce. The Public.
Serrano, N., Hernantes, J. and Gallardo, G., 2014. Service-oriented architecture and legacy systems. IEEE software, 31(5), pp.15-19.
Shultz, K.S. and Adams, G.A., 2012. Aging and work in the 21st century. Psychology Press.
Tishman, F.M., Van Looy, S. and Bruyère, S.M., 2012. Employer strategies for responding to an aging workforce. The NTAR Leadership Center, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Walker, B. and Fisman, T., 2015. Rethinking human services delivery: Using data-driven insights for transformational outcomes.
Warren, I., 2012. The renaissance of legacy systems: method support for software-system evolution. Springer Science & Business Media.